3" lift with 33s...

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am debating on putting on a 3" lift, but will be keeping the 33s since I just bought them.

Does anybody have a photo so I can get an idea of whether or not it will look bad to have a 3" lift with 33s?

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 1500 Classic Big Horn 4wd Crew Cab 6'4" bed...

Honestly, I would likely go with 3" front spacer/2" back spacer. I know everybody hates spacers, but it works for me and what little "off-roading" I do...

Also, would the Mevotechs work with that setup, or would I need different UCAs?

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s @southerncalrams
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Here you go ... all these have 3" or 3.5" lifts with 33s

[email protected]

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3" spacer is way too tall. That is going to cause issues, maybe not at first but it will for sure down the road in the near future.

How about doing bilstein 5100's and Zone UCA's? That will get you close to the front lift you want while keeping your geometry proper.

Also a 2" rear spacer is going drastically reduce the amount of down travel your rear shocks have. You really should run a longer shock. The Fox rear shocks will allow for 2" of lift and the Icon rear shocks will allow for up to 3" of lift. Also if interested the ICON rear coils will give you 1.5" of rear lift while offering better ride comfort and off road performance.

message me if we can help by offering more info and a quote.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiFever 5.7

Honestly, I would likely go with 3" front spacer/2" back spacer. I know everybody hates spacers, but it works for me and what little "off-roading" I do...

A clean look is 2" front 1" rear on 33's
2.5" and above is 35 territory

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
33’s May look a tad small with a 3” lift, depending on the tire design and how aggressive the side walls and biter pattern looks. On a 2-2.5” level kit the 33’s (which is a stock 20” tire size) look ok, ok like a factory set up that was levelled. Anything 3” lift and up looks much better with a slightly bigger tire like a 35” etc. IMO.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Don't worry about how the tires are going to look.

I understand that you will disregard my advice but I'm going type it anyway. Spacers in front are how you get cracked front axle housings. Especially something nuts like 3 inch spacers. Has nothing to do with whether you go off road or not, unless you're driving on a NASCAR track you're going to flex the suspension entering parking lots and crossing railroad tracks.

Mevotech control arms do not have any offset built into them for raised ride height. Since your front upper and lower control arms are unequal length, wheel camber changes based on ride height. The alignment cams can't compensate for this above ~2" of net lift on stock or stock-replacement arms so if you lift over 2" you need lift specific control arms.

You get the results that you pay for. It's not necessary to put $5000 race shocks on the truck but there's nothing more expensive than buying junk that's too cheap to do the job right.

Bilsteins at 2.1" with stock upper control arms is the bang-for-your-buck champion here because you don't need new arms at that height.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 18 quad cab. I lifted it with MotoFab spacers, 2 1/2" front 2" rear. I added the Mevotech TTX control arms, no issues with balljoints, stock arms the balljoints were popped out about 1/8" after a week. When I had it aligned, they were able to get it almost to stock specs. Rides fine, no abnormal tire wear and I have had the lift on for about 40000 miles. I have 275/65r20s on it, which are about 34".