3" RC Suspension lift kit on 1500 2WD - install blocks or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have ordered a 3" RC Suspension lift kit to go on my son's new-to-him 2004 1500 SLT 2WD. He wants it not just slightly lifted to get 33's (if not 35's) on there, but also to be leveled.

In some reading / searching it sounds like some are leaving out the rear blocks to get a level - just installing the shocks/coils on front - and I assume shocks on the rear but not clear and unclear if anything else on the rear....

thanks for any guidance......

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shocks in the rear won't really do much for height, unless the current ones are so worn out the ass is sagging. If the rig has a low nose that's probably the reason why others don't use the blocks. :imo: I personally hate using blocks. If it were me I'd install a leaf instead.

Maybe do the front and install the rear shocks and see how the truck sits. Then you can determine if you need the ass end raised or not.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I installed blocks and new leafs in mines in the rear but I also lifted mines about 7.5 in the front if all your doing is 3 in the front you don’t need to do anything in the rear but change shocks and it will be leveled and looking good you will also be able to put 35’s with the level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk