3000 Grit Mistake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
soo, I'm a dumbarse. my 19 Rebel had some light scratches from something climbing up or down my C pillar. Also some smaller ones by gas fill door and drivers door. Wet sanded the C pillar, followed up with polishing compound, meguiar wax and sealed with Avalon King. Looked good so I did the same for the other 2 areas. didn't do as good of a job and figured they must be deep. Cut my loses and did the same to remove the haze, polishing compound, wax and sealed it. Looked good. Went out one sunny day and with the sun at the right angle, boom, haze where I tried to fix the deeper scratches. now what? I don't have a DA just elbow grease. Anyone recommend something to remove the haze, knowing i have to cut through the ceramic coating (only 1 layer)? Last resort is to take it to a detailer.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Post some pictures.

2015OneTon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's going to be tough getting rid of the haze with elbow grease.
Personally, I'd buy an inexpensive DA polisher before I brought it to a detailer. This way you have a polisher for future use.

OP
OP
D

DaveNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is the best i can get. Excuse the dirt running down from the window. she needs a bath. IMG-0538.jpg

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
You may want to take it to a detailer or a local body shop to get an opinion. It might save you money in the short term not having to buy tools, polish, etc. Hard to say how deep the scratches are from the pic. You could invest in in a YiFeng Clip on 60X microscope for your smart phone or a Carson 60 to 75X Micromax LED microscope for a small investment to tell how deep the scratches are before attacking them. Both of the products mentioned are available on line. If not these brands then something similar. Good luck.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Here is the best i can get. Excuse the dirt running down from the window. she needs a bath. View attachment 485361
Post a picture as close as you can get it ... from that distance it looks like a very bad hologram ... try to get some like inches away and from both angles and then directly in front please ...

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finish rubbing it out with a bit more aggressive rubbing compound then finish it off with wax, get yourself a DA Polisher to do it with