35" Tires For Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digeratus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been putting off getting new 35x12.5R20 tires for my 2015 6" lifted ram but I can't anymore since I just got a 30' camper.

I saw a couple tires that mentioned towing in their description but I was wondering if anyone has any tire recommendations. I'm looking on towing the 7000# camper once every month and a half.

Any help with suggesting a tire good for towing is much appreciated!

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Make sure you get Load Range E tires. I have had good fortune with the Yokohama Geolandar AT/S, but now the equivalent is the Geolandar AT G015, which I just purchased. On my previous set with a 1/2 ton truck, I got 60k miles, did some towing across the West with a 5k lb trailer. It did great, hence purchasing the new equivalent tires for my "new to me" 2010 2500 Mega Cab. I would recommend adjusting your tire pressure for ride comfort when not towing and airing up as needed when carrying a heavy load or towing (this is for any tire, not just these specific ones). I ran 45 psi in my half ton with the load range E tires (rated for max 80 psi), for daily driving/light load, and the tires wore evenly.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Boy there are alot of good tires out there these days so there could is alot to pick from.

1 question is what do you want out of the tires , mud, allterrian, hwy ?
Like was said 10plys are the way to go.jmo

I have General Grabber X3s which is a MT and it does pretty good for me with a cheaper price than others but still a name brand tire. Mine only have 16k right now but look lije well over half tread still.

Nittios.
Toyos. I have had the Toyo MTs and had 40k on them when I sold the truck with tread left.
BFGs. I had BFG MTs and got 55k out of them.

And the list just keeps going..lol

OP
OP
D

digeratus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input.

The majority of the miles will be on the highway. I wish I could use them more often in more challenging conditions. :)