35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the tradesman and your style power wagon. It’s sleeper looking. It don’t scream power wagon. If I had the decals I’d remove em.

Yea, I wanted the tradesman exterior with the laramie interior, but you couldnt order that. So went laramie, and figured I could de-chrome it easy enough. But its been over 3 years now lol...

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Yea, I wanted the tradesman exterior with the laramie interior, but you couldnt order that. So went laramie, and figured I could de-chrome it easy enough. But its been over 3 years now lol...

I love that truck. especially those rims! I looked at a black one identical to yours a few years ago but wasn't ready to make the swap. However, I must say that some black sport projectors would look killer!.. imho

mrduelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a 2017 Power Wagon with 35 x 12.5 x 17 and have not had any issues with them other than a very slight decrease in fuel economy on the days my foot seems a bit heavier or am towing my enclosed trailer. The height throws off the calibration slightly as the diameter is a bit greater than the 33's.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Power Wagon with 35 x 12.5 x 17 and have not had any issues with them other than a very slight decrease in fuel economy on the days my foot seems a bit heavier or am towing my enclosed trailer. The height throws of the calibration slightly as the diameter is a bit greater than the 33's.

I have the same setup. But I could not stand driving it without having the computer re calibrated... shifted so funky I quit driving it until the Tazer came in. All good now, but sure would like some 5.13's!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Power Wagon with 35 x 12.5 x 17 and have not had any issues with them other than a very slight decrease in fuel economy on the days my foot seems a bit heavier or am towing my enclosed trailer. The height throws off the calibration slightly as the diameter is a bit greater than the 33's.
Besides the AEV Procal getting the calibration on my 2016 PW correct, it has another feature of allowing the fog lights to stay on with the bright lights. Beyond useful in driving across the pitch black dark night highways (50 and 140) in the Great Basin region of Nevada and Utah and throughout the high deserts of Southeast Oregon. There's never an issue of having just too much light when driving across a deserted remote highway.

For the decreased fuel economy during towing with or without larger tires in driving across remote areas with no services for well over 100 miles the Power Wagon gas tank while towing barely and sometimes doesn't make the distance. Just got back from Southeast Oregon to the Western Slope of Colorado. Biggest town that we went through for just under 1,000 miles was Winnemucca, Nevada, population less than 8,000. No entirely reliable or during some seasons even an existant fuel stop/services between Lakeview, Oregon and Winnemucca a distance of 211 miles of desert and mountain highway. It's a matter of a constant lighter throttle, bumping the cruise control up and down to get it to always shift into the highest tow gear at or somewhat slightly above the posted 65 or 70 MPH speed limit, and slower towing on the steeper grades. Making it across prior to the low fuel warning activating takes a lot of luck. I always ask the mandatory attendant in Lakeview, Oregon if I can top it off to the brim. If I can't, then I leave and go to the only other station where they usually have no issues with me doing that.

Carry at least 10 extra gallons and a full size spare. Your going to need to have both for remote regions. Especially needed around here in the Moab/Grand Junction region with those bigger tires while towing.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Besides the AEV Procal getting the calibration on my 2016 PW correct, it has another feature of allowing the fog lights to stay on with the bright lights. Beyond useful in driving across the pitch black dark night highways (50 and 140) in the Great Basin region of Nevada and Utah and throughout the high deserts of Southeast Oregon. There's never an issue of having just too much light when driving across a deserted remote highway.

For the decreased fuel economy during towing with or without larger tires in driving across remote areas with no services for well over 100 miles the Power Wagon gas tank while towing barely and sometimes doesn't make the distance. Just got back from Southeast Oregon to the Western Slope of Colorado. Biggest town that we went through for just under 1,000 miles was Winnemucca, Nevada, population less than 8,000. No entirely reliable or during some seasons even an existant fuel stop/services between Lakeview, Oregon and Winnemucca a distance of 211 miles of desert and mountain highway. It's a matter of a constant lighter throttle, bumping the cruise control up and down to get it to always shift into the highest tow gear at or somewhat slightly above the posted 65 or 70 MPH speed limit, and slower towing on the steeper grades. Making it across prior to the low fuel warning activating takes a lot of luck. I always ask the mandatory attendant in Lakeview, Oregon if I can top it off to the brim. If I can't, then I leave and go to the only other station where they usually have no issues with me doing that.

Carry at least 10 extra gallons and a full size spare. Your going to need to have both for remote regions. Especially needed around here in the Moab/Grand Junction region with those bigger tires while towing.

Yep. We just got back from towing the travel trailer across the Upper Peninsula. One tank I only got 190 miles out of it and it was very close to empty. These trucks like to drink like me!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Ain't going to make it out here. Got off the highway in Winnemucca and took a left turn in the downtown due to I saw a new large and super duper tall Maverick gas station sign off to the east about a 1/2 mile. Drove there with no issues, but it was still under it's new constuction. No other station anywhere east of it in our planned direction until Carlin, Nevada which is beyond being in our gasoline range. Low gasoline alert on the PW went on and my wife started getting angry at my mistake and in being fed up with our cat meowing and dog farting. Found a cheap beat up gas station within the gambling district just west of the highway. These Power Wagons drink more than both of us together.

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep. We just got back from towing the travel trailer across the Upper Peninsula. One tank I only got 190 miles out of it and it was very close to empty. These trucks like to drink like me!

I hear ya!
I will confirm what a lot of you guys are saying about the impact of 35s on my 16 PW. I'm very careful about not going over 70mph to preserve fuel and the short range with either a decent load or heavy trailer. But I love my truck! It's the coolest vehicle I've ever owned for sure.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya!
I will confirm what a lot of you guys are saying about the impact of 35s on my 16 PW. I'm very careful about not going over 70mph to preserve fuel and the short range with either a decent load or heavy trailer. But I love my truck! It's the coolest vehicle I've ever owned for sure.

Ive got some of my best mpg’s when I was on a freeway going 75-85. Usually around here where I live I can only muster about 12ish... as long as Im not towing or hauling anything!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I hear ya!
Actually I am running 34" (285 75R17) due to living in a remote rural area in the Rocky Mountains of which I need the option and clearance of tire chains for some 9 months of the year. Actually increased my towing range over the stock Duratrac tires. If I could find a 35" good in snow and 3 ply load range E tire that's also great in rocky terrain I would have run it, but MPG out in the boondocks is extremely important. Thinking of running the 35" 305 70R18 on my next set. Happy with the Cooper ST Maxx that I am currently running. Speed limits near here are 80 MPH. I tow at 75 MPH due to the 80 MPH sucks the gas.

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not to turn this into an MPG thread but I would get nearly 19 @69 mph highway, around 14 kicking around softly with the Dtracs. I don't do too much sharp rocks around here mostly red clay and sand mixed with old worn rocks (see avy pic). I was pretty satisfied with them overall. They went 45K before I changed to 35" STT's. I think the STT's look great on the truck and go great in the wet heavy snow we get in NC. I don't think there's a chance they will make it past 25K miles though.
With the 35s and a calibrated spedo, I'm seeing 16 mpg same conditions as before and 13 kicking around.
Even though they are taller, I don't feel the high speed squishy roll when I have a heavy load like I did with the Dtracs.
Pretty sure I posted pics earlier in this thread of how they look on the yellow PW.

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was that about mine or the grey one? I agree with you about that one too.

14396.jpeg

14402.jpeg

decals 1.jpg

decals 2.jpg

IMG_20170715_231155.jpg

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Took the wife’s on a short little road trip. And now sitting in tire shop getting new rims and tires installed on my ole girl.

0E70C6A4-E7E0-4054-A219-E043651A704E.jpeg

F9708F1E-C2B5-4A76-A6FA-D64476C532DD.jpeg

6217EDD2-0284-4605-B1CC-29A1F743402B.jpeg