37" tires - Stay with OEM wheels or change to AEV Ram Katla wheels

Going to 37x12.50x17 - should I run OEM wheels or AEV Ram Katla wheels?

• OEM Power Wagon Wheels

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • AEV Ram Katla Wheels

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
I looked into to the same changes (35`s to 37`s on stock rims), I don`t think you will be happy going with a 37in tire on stock rims....too much rubbing due to stock off-set!
I went with the AEV`s and the off-set is just right ,especially with 37`s.

Edit: I just realized this thread is in the Power Wagon section...perhaps the PW wheel off-set will allow 37`s, I know the off-set on my OEM 20`s didn`t have enough clearence.
Btw, I do have a full 3in Thuren/King shock system...

Last edited:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I personally would go with the AEVs. I have +18mm XD and normal every day driving you'll get no rub. But when flexed deep and turning the wheel you definitely will bite into a few spots

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
phil frost

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the feedback and info guys.

@IRSmart - sick looking truck brother. you just sold me on my decision!

Last edited:

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah that’s my thought too. Save the thousand for the sliders
Trailmaker, do you have a 2019 by chance? I am going to put 35s on most likely when I pick up my truck, but the 37s are really tugging at me.
Trying to figure out what setup i need to do in either case. I will only have a few days to make it all happen.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Nice truck!

Is that a rhino 2.0 setup? I wanted one for the 2019, but I am not sure if it will compromise the 3rd brake or cargo camera? I know it will when recessed, but when up?
Yes, the brake light was compromised. I drilled out the rivets that hold on the name plate to the bar, and I put red LEDs in to create a secondary third brake light. Then I pulled the trim on the inside of the cab by C pillar, cut the wire that feeds just the brake light, and ran a resistor to it to deactivate the OEM third brake light function. Works like a charm. The camera function isn’t inhibited, only the brake light, since on the cargo cam light, the red LEDs are so high up. The regular third brake light would not be affected. You can see the LEDs in this pic and see the issue I’m talking about.

E61DB15E-690E-476C-A0B1-73F36A907352.jpeg

I knew I should have kept looking for a red model. You have a side profile shot of the truck
only side pic I have with the current suspension and tire setup. Truck is currently in the body shop from body damage I sustained while at that very event lol

3E31ED23-6DD8-4E8B-9F11-CFBBA7C08BD4.jpeg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Trailmaker, do you have a 2019 by chance? I am going to put 35s on most likely when I pick up my truck, but the 37s are really tugging at me.
Trying to figure out what setup i need to do in either case. I will only have a few days to make it all happen.
Yes I have a 19. I’m fitting 37s too this month. @Breaker Alex did it also on oem rims.

987342E4-F3B6-4205-A16C-0E900C45D95F.jpeg

7B95F455-75BD-46A8-A702-2CDDB5FC0A54.jpeg

6E088B68-83E2-425A-BF79-18D8289F15E1.jpeg

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good looking
Yes I have a 19. I’m fitting 37s too this month. @Breaker Alex did it also on oem rims.
@Trailmaker
Good looking truck! That was the color on my Rebel. Going white this time though.
Do you already have a plan on how to go to 37s on oems without rubbing?

Last edited:

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
@IRSmart it looks like the 3rd brake light was still a little visible? I am guessing that it is not visible enough to be legal?

you look like you still have a rake in that side shot ... are you lifted at all to make 37s fit? Any rubbing?

Sick setup on the truck. You going to mount a spare in the bed?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
@IRSmart it looks like the 3rd brake light was still a little visible? I am guessing that it is not visible enough to be legal?

you look like you still have a rake in that side shot ... are you lifted at all to make 37s fit? Any rubbing?

Sick setup on the truck. You going to mount a spare in the bed?
The lights you’re seeing are the white LEDs that light up the bed. The red brake LEDs are completely covered by the bar. I would have just left it alone, but I got pulled over for it once because a cop thought my brake light was out. And yes, I have a full Thuren King 2.5 set up with no spring spacers in the rear.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
@Trailmaker ... Figuring out the forum operation.

Good looking truck! That was the color on my Rebel. Going white this time though.
Do you already have a plan on how to go to 37s on oems without rubbing?
Get a true 36” or get 37” and don’t turn the max left the truck can go. It is ever so slightly though according to @Breaker Alex
Maybe he will chime in with a picture or 2 of his rig.

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The lights you’re seeing are the white LEDs that light up the bed. The red brake LEDs are completely covered by the bar. I would have just left it alone, but I got pulled over for it once because a cop thought my brake light was out. And yes, I have a full Thuren King 2.5 set up with no spring spacers in the rear.
I completely forgot your truck was red. I thought i was looking at the lights ... it was late haha. ... sorry.

thanks for the info!