37" tires - Stay with OEM wheels or change to AEV Ram Katla wheels

Going to 37x12.50x17 - should I run OEM wheels or AEV Ram Katla wheels?

• OEM Power Wagon Wheels

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • AEV Ram Katla Wheels

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
phil frost

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Report back in 10k. I have never ran that brand before.

Just broke the 10k mile mark. These tires are wearing great, were easy to balance, drive smooth and handle great! They are a bit loader than the Grabber X3's, but nothing I can't live with. As with all of the MT's I have owned, I rotate them every oil change (3k miles).

Drove from Buffalo to DC and back for Thanksgiving and was a pretty damn good ride, even with a bed full of tools. They are great in the rain but have not had any snow here yet. Expecting 1 - 2 foot of snow in the higher elevations this week, so I may take a drive to the hills to see how they handle.

So far I am very pleased with the Maxxis Razr MT.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Just broke the 10k mile mark. These tires are wearing great, were easy to balance, drive smooth and handle great! They are a bit loader than the Grabber X3's, but nothing I can't live with. As with all of the MT's I have owned, I rotate them every oil change (3k miles).

Drove from Buffalo to DC and back for Thanksgiving and was a pretty damn good ride, even with a bed full of tools. They are great in the rain but have not had any snow here yet. Expecting 1 - 2 foot of snow in the higher elevations this week, so I may take a drive to the hills to see how they handle.

So far I am very pleased with the Maxxis Razr MT.
You put 10k on them already? Only been like ~3 months. Did you wear down to the end of the sipes?

OP
OP
phil frost

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You put 10k on them already? Only been like ~3 months. Did you wear down to the end of the sipes?

yeah, I drive a lot. My truck is not even 2 years old and I have ~42k miles. I'll be driving less over the next few months since I will be working remotely for a while now.

Have not worn down to the end of the siping yet. I'll grab a few pics later today.

another another note, snow is flying... Winter is coming.

Last edited: