37's...It's been awhile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Winter Schminter....

51090846_1156136431254884_340601489372217344_o.jpg

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Guys, after hitting up multiple people on here and reading what everyone has done or would do differently I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered my new tires. I went with Toyo 35x12.5/17 M/T's from discount tire. Should be here in two days and I'll have them installed on my stock rims until I pull the trigger on the AEV Katla's next month.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mastercraft mxt I threw on are wearing nicely!

these are 35x12.5x20 but i know they make in a 37...

i got stuck in mud once with the duracraps and took them off and sold them while they still had tread... these new tires were i think $225 each on amazon free delivery too...
i have 10k on them now and they dont look used at all! I am in same boat so to speak i drive 70-80 miles per day highway and from sept to jan i play in places most dont i trap and hunt like a maniac and tow a 16 ft aluminum boat in the summer20181222_153915.jpg

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
I can attest to the weak sidewalls of KO2's vs. a Toyo MT's.
I rode in a Score chase truck where BFG sponsored them.
This truck was squirmy as hell. The difference was Toyo was their former sponsor.
Zero comparison in stability.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright my power wagon, steak munchin', rip lippin', deer schwacking brothers...it's that time again! Don't hassle me too hard about this has been gone over before! I just went through 13 pages of Rueben's post about his 37 KO2's in the snow and over this pass and how great of a winter tire they are for where he's located! Really knowledgeable post. But now I'm left wondering D range or E range, 35 or 37, mud or all terrain, 60 PSI or 50 PSI etc etc etc!!! Bottomline, my stock duratracs are on 50,*** miles and I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Guys, I'm a big time hunter which means SEP-JAN I'm off road on dirt roads and in the mud trying to go where no-one else will go. Other than that, I'm on the highway either to and from work, towing the bass boat to the lake, random road trips or towing a camper in the near future to the mountains. I'd love to just throw on 37 falken M/T's, or KO3 M/T's, or Toyo M/T's but where does that leave me with how many miles I'm going to get out of them since I'm mostly on the highway or where the heck am I going to put the spare or how much stress/the disadvantage of the heavier tire is it really?

My options are endless but I just need some help making the right decision. The suspension is staying stock for now anyway. I know there will be minimal rubbing at full lock. I know I will need to fix the speedometer if I want true readings and I know there are bed mount spare tire options or tailgate swing options.

IF you were going to do it all over again, knowing what you know now and having the experience between them all. How would you "build" or do your tire and/or rim makeover? I appreciate the helps guys. Lets get this thing looking good...

My vote is for the Toyo RT's. I have 35's and use them in CO winters and elk hunting season, and put a bunch of highway miles on going to the airport for work. I'm on my second set - they have 45k mile tread warranty and I've taken them up some nasty trails and they've saved me in a couple of feet of snow at about 11k feet.

I got about 40k out of my first set, but I decided to change them before winter as I70 going up over the continental divide is pretty sketchy starting in late fall to late spring.

Good luck -

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
My vote is for the Toyo RT's. I have 35's and use them in CO winters and elk hunting season, and put a bunch of highway miles on going to the airport for work. I'm on my second set - they have 45k mile tread warranty and I've taken them up some nasty trails and they've saved me in a couple of feet of snow at about 11k feet.

I got about 40k out of my first set, but I decided to change them before winter as I70 going up over the continental divide is pretty sketchy starting in late fall to late spring.

Good luck -

I’m going to give these M/T’s a run for their money. If everything goes well, I should be leaving the PW in the driveway the majority of the time here in the near future and rolling around in a Honda CRV!!!