37's Not Balancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you got a great price on the KM3’s, I look forward to seeing a few pics and a review

OP
OP
sm10

sm10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hope that fixes the shake issue for you, if it doesn’t- I am really curious how those tires will respond to the vibration/shake. Give this a read some time.
I know you don’t have “ Death wobble” but it still is a very informative read.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/death-wobble-in-depth.html

Thank you for that! Definitely a good read. I sure hope its not related to any suspension parts, but if it is I wouldn't be too mad if it forces me to upgrade to some Thuren goodies. lol

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
OP
OP
sm10

sm10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I finally got the KM3's on Friday. First impressions are great! Smooth and quiet. Height wise I can't tell a difference, but I'm pretty sure they measure .2" shorter than the STT. Width wise they are definitely narrower which I'm completely fine with since I NO LONGER HAVE ANY RUBBING! I now have an extra 1/4 turn gain in the steering wheel which makes a decent difference when parking. I put them to the test on Saturday as I went playing around behind Lake Pleasant. A lot of rocky terrain and steep hill climbs. I never used the lockers because it was nothing crazy, but never had a tire break lose. They also have really good lateral grip as I was trying to get them to break loose on some turns, but they kept the back end under control. So far I'm really happy with them. We'll see how they hold up over time.

22.jpg4.jpg
5.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Kelley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
If you can find a tire shop that still has an old tire truing machine you will be amazed at how nice the tires will be. I get all my tires trued and most do not even need to be balanced

Vid S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running AMP 35" Terrain Grippers on my 2019 DS. I use beads and have no balancing issues.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What was the exact size of those BFG KM3's. I thought I read they were 37's.

I have a '17 CCLB and I'd like to put those on it. I've had the K2's on my '09 1500 and liked them.

Do you think I can fit them with maybe just a level in front?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
37”s can fit on a 3/4 ton with Just a lvl, the only thing is the back spacing on the wheel.

champ198

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Discount couldn't balance my new Ridge Grapplers after 3 tries. I took the truck to an offroad shop that specialized in balancing big, heavy oversized tires. They nailed it. The offroad shop had a Hunter RoadForce Balancer. It is simply a matter of skill and knowledge when trying to fix out of balance issues.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
my Toyo 37x12.5-17 RTs mounted absolutely perfectly on a Hunter Road Force, and the ride quality over the 35 RTs is night and day after 20k miles on the 35s. He said he can never get Nittos to balance this well, and a big part of this is mounting the tire on the rim the correct way. My wheels have less then half the weight they did when the 35s were mounted.

The tires are marked with the lightest or heaviest side, and as such, the tire needs to be shifted on the Rim until you have an equally balanced set. If a tech cant Balance a Nitto or Toyo, it is because of inexperience. Occasionally a tire can be out of round, bit its never a whole set.

i cant believe it took me this long to get into the 37 club.