37s without regear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Its worth it :)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Your pictures came out amazing and has me leaning that way. I don’t want to grind on the pinch welds just yet. I only have 8k on the OD. And the interior still has the “new car” smell. (Or maybe I don’t have the balls to do so yet)

if I can confirm it is not necessary as long as the truck is a pavement queen, then it will buy me some time for the newness to wear off before I start hacking away.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Your pictures came out amazing and has me leaning that way. I don’t want to grind on the pinch welds just yet. I only have 8k on the OD. And the interior still has the “new car” smell. (Or maybe I don’t have the balls to do so yet)

if I can confirm it is not necessary as long as the truck is a pavement queen, then it will buy me some time for the newness to wear off before I start hacking away.
I dont think you'd have a problem since you dont plan on compressing the suspension much. You could always go to a discount tire and have them throw something up front and see if it rubs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

You lifted or leveled? If so as a pavement process just a tad liner or a simple zip tie should work. I have 37’s on mine but she flexes all she can and 37’s require more than simple trimming if you off-road. But you said you don’t so DO IT! 37’s look so much better

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oh man you started thinking about this early. Mine have 8k on them but I have the fever now

As do I. I’m running 35-12.5/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s and have put 20K on them and they still look brand new. If I could sell them an move to a 37-13.5/20 I’d be on hog heaven.

The Blue Mule

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You lifted or leveled? If so as a pavement process just a tad liner or a simple zip tie should work. I have 37’s on mine but she flexes all she can and 37’s require more than simple trimming if you off-road. But you said you don’t so DO IT! 37’s look so much better
Thanks
I’m leveled.
I have not been wheelin but once in this truck. I’m trying to set it up for my trip to Moab though. I will not have any real off road opportunities until after Christmas so it would be a pavement queen for the most part. Dirt roads to the hunting cabin. But no real flex.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Thanks
I’m leveled.
I have not been wheelin but once in this truck. I’m trying to set it up for my trip to Moab though. I will not have any real off road opportunities until after Christmas so it would be a pavement queen for the most part. Dirt roads to the hunting cabin. But no real flex.
If you go to Moab and do some trails you’ll flex. Just take a knife and a hammer with ya lol

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
If you go to Moab and do some trails you’ll flex. Just take a knife and a hammer with ya lol
I know. I’m just putting off the inevitable. It was easier to modify a vehicle in that way, whenever I bought it used... this “mod” on the 19 is no undoing. I see you had no problems taking a hammer and grinder to you rig. 36” an option? Lol

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
As do I. I’m running 35-12.5/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s and have put 20K on them and they still look brand new. If I could sell them an move to a 37-13.5/20 I’d be on hog heaven.

The Blue Mule
Really? Would you have to cut the wheel wells any?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I believe “Breaker Alex” did 37s without cutting. I need to check with him about his wheels. I want to keep my rims.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Hi SeaSickSailor and everyone, first post here.
I have a 2019 PowerWagon with 37x12.5R17 ( 36.7'' ) on stock wheels. I found only slight rubbing on control arms at full turn ( one side only ).
Maybe wheel spacers would help ???

I did some trails with Jeeps on trails ( rock crawling and all ) and high speed dirt roads ( 130 km/h with jumps that lifts the truck off ground )
3000 kms now with new tires and no problems at all.

I did not like the way the 8 speed transmission shifted with the 33'' but now I find its perfect. Way smoother.
I will not recalibrate for the new tires ( anyway the dealer says the 2019 computer is locked :mad: )

So do it!
Cheers
Ok I see. Not a big deal. I feel better now.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Really? Would you have to cut the wheel wells any?

Before I put a 2.5” RC level on it the 35’s rubbed just barely. But it wasn’t long before the level kit showed up and I put it on. I can’t wait till I can put on 37’s
My wheels have a -18 offset too.

The Blue Mule

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Before I put a 2.5” RC level on it the 35’s rubbed just barely. But it wasn’t long before the level kit showed up and I put it on. I can’t wait till I can put on 37’s
My wheels have a -18 offset too.

The Blue Mule
I am going to try the 37s (Christmas present from my wife) and see what happens.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea if you put 37’s on the stock wheels you shouldnt have much of any rubbing anywhere but the radius are and sway bar (neither of which are really an issue). Wheels with a little less backspacing will push the tires away from those, but then put them into the fender instead (which minor trimming is needed).

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yea if you put 37’s on the stock wheels you shouldnt have much of any rubbing anywhere but the radius are and sway bar (neither of which are really an issue). Wheels with a little less backspacing will push the tires away from those, but then put them into the fender instead (which minor trimming is needed).
Perfect!
I can handle a little rub. I will just avoid maxing our my turns. I back in my space to avoid a 37 point turn in this bus anyway.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perfect!
I can handle a little rub. I will just avoid maxing our my turns. I back in my space to avoid a 37 point turn in this bus anyway.

They really are huge. I always thought my wifes yukon xl was huge, until I parked next to it the other day and I realized how much longer the power wagon wheelbase is than hers. Crazy.

cc20660d229f7e19b5587fce7c5e4693.jpg
RamBus

The Blue Mule

Now that right there is pretty frikin badass.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
They really are huge. I always thought my wifes yukon xl was huge, until I parked next to it the other day and I realized how much longer the power wagon wheelbase is than hers. Crazy.

Now that right there is pretty frikin badass.

Wonder if it’s got a Hemi?? Lol [emoji13]

The Blue Mule

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yeah I have a fleet of F150s and the power wagon does feel like a bus compared to them. But I love the size don’t get me wrong. I signed up for the PW over the Raptor so I could have a 6.4. Bed on a 3/4 ton truck.

that bus pic is hilarious mcbroom. I should make it my avatar!!

Last edited:

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yeah I have a fleet of F150s and the power wagon does feel like a bus compared to them. But I love the size don’t get wrong. I signed up for the PW over the Raptor so I could have a 6.4. Bed on a 3/4 ton truck.

that bus pic is hilarious mcbroom. I should make it my avatar!!

Go for it brother that’d be cool

The Blue Mule