392 injectors for 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ryans Mark 82 is a good cam,but it needs a convertor to be happy. If you're on a budget,why not throw a 75 shot of nitrous on it instead,you won't need a convertor or cam with a 75 shot,and it'll eat your cam/convertor combo for breakfast.Nitrous builds instant cylinder pressure which means it makes instant torque.Hemi's love nitrous,as they have enough intake port to handle the air displacement nitrous creates. A little tidbit for you ,if you have 2 engines making 450 flywheel hp in a 5,000+lb truck,but one does it with cam/heads/long tubes etc., and one does it with a 75 shot of nitrous,the nitrous engine will always be faster,as it has a fatter torque curve that occurs lower in the rpm scale.The 5.7's will handle a 75 shot all day long. My 4X4 with a 75 shot gives stick hellcats a hell'va run for their money at our local track,and has over 600 nitrous passes on it.The 75 shot on my truck is good for a full second at the track,which your cam/convertor combo won't do.
I actually know nothing about NOS other then it makes MAD power. I had no idea that it wld be cheaper to go that route.
Im not even sure if its legal here in Illinois. Is it? Ive heard of ppl "hiding" their bottles in strange places, though. What kind of times do u do at the track ?? Roughly how much was ur NOS setup? Is the bottle refillable ( if so where wld u go for that?) or do u just replace it ?
Sorry for all the questions, but id love to know.

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Budget and Hemi aren't 2 words that go together,especially if you have to pay a shop to install everything for you.Good luck,and i hope things work out for you.
Don't I know it. Doin mad hours at work, takin on extra delivery routes.
But what can I say, I've been bitten by the mopar bug. Lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I went with a custom grind by flying Ryan performance called the Mark82. Its a Texas speed cam - duration .050 , intake 220, exhaust 228, lobe lift .365, valve lift @ 1.65, lobe separation 113, intake center line 111. The kit comes with hellcat lifters (mopar # 0503 8784AD) , pac springs (pac-1275x-16), shims, MDS plugs, gaskets, push rods, head bolts, crank bolt and cam bolt. He says a torque converter is not needed but a 3200 stall is recommended. I don't want my truck to fall in its face off the line so, I plan on buying one from Moe's before I do the cam install. About $750 delivered.
The plan is to do them both at the same time. That's what originally brought me here was to get advice on goin with 392 injectors or not . Everyone is telling me I'll be good with the 5.7L ones. So, ok.

Any advice is appreciated !
Spring for HP tuning,and then you can have Ryan remote tune it for you,plus Ryan knows a bit about tuning the 8speeds and won't cook it on you.Be mighty careful on who tunes your tranny if you're not going with a remote tune,as a poor transmission tune will kill your 8 speed in short order..You could even go with a 4,000 stall hard hit convertor with that cam.Like i said earlier good luck,and hopefully everything pans out for you.The 5.7 injectors will be lots in your case,and are easier to tune in a 5.7 application.BTW who sold you on the 90mm throttle body,that's overkill for your application,i'm guessing it's a BBK throttle body . Sell the throttle body and put that money towards a set of long tubes instead. FYI 6.4 SRTs use the same exact 251 throttle body as the 5.7's do,and most guys don't upgrade the throttle body on a 6.4 till they've upgraded to ported heads/big cam or throw boost at the 6.4.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I actually know nothing about NOS other then it makes MAD power. I had no idea that it wld be cheaper to go that route.
Im not even sure if its legal here in Illinois. Is it? Ive heard of ppl "hiding" their bottles in strange places, though. What kind of times do u do at the track ?? Roughly how much was ur NOS setup? Is the bottle refillable ( if so where wld u go for that?) or do u just replace it ?
Sorry for all the questions, but id love to know.
My truck runs DA corrected mid 11's,12 flats at 4200ft uncorrected.Keep it to a 75 shot,if you throw a set of colder plugs in it,and keep 91 octane in the fuel tank,you can get away with it on the stock tune. Zex makes a good kit,that is only good from a 75 shot to a 125 shot,so it won't allow you to get to stupid with the nitrous as in greedy,lol.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
‘Murica. I say for $125 swap the injectors. Because you can. and it will be something to talk about when a badly running Camaro/mustang gets to the finish first. You can always say you’re still working on the pesky tune, and then drag the wimpy winning car with its 3 cubic feet of trunk space out of the parking lot in the tug of war contest it didn’t enter.

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spring for HP tuning,and then you can have Ryan remote tune it for you,plus Ryan knows a bit about tuning the 8speeds and won't cook it on you.Be mighty careful on who tunes your tranny if you're not going with a remote tune,as a poor transmission will kill your 8 speed in short order..You could even go with a 4,000 stall hard hit convertor with that cam.Like i said earlier good luck,and hopefully everything pans out for you.The 5.7 injectors will be lots in your case,and are easier to tune in a 5.7 application.BTW who sold you on the 90mm throttle body,that's overkill for your application,i'm guessing it's a BBK throttle body . Sell the throttle body and put that money towards a set of long tubes instead. FYI 6.4 SRTs use the same exact 251 throttle body as the 5.7's do,and most guys don't upgrade the throttle body on a 6.4 till they've upgraded to ported heads/big cam or throw boost at the 6.4.
I already have the HP tuner in hand and sent in my pcm to get unlock. $12 to ship it one town over . Lol
Definitely doing the remote turn through Flying Ryan. Yea its a bbk throttle body. I was tryin to get more air in. Im not hating it but if Ryan says the tune will be difficult with it then I'll switch it back.

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
‘Murica. I say for $125 swap the injectors. Because you can. and it will be something to talk about when a badly running Camaro/mustang gets to the finish first. You can always say you’re still working on the pesky tune, and then drag the wimpy winning car with its 3 cubic feet of trunk space out of the parking lot in the tug of war contest it didn’t enter.
She's a sled w a bed cap on the back. I got her so that I can put my two man boat in the back and close the cap. This way when it rains overnight my boat will be dry in the morning. I don't expect to win any races against Camaros or Mustangs. I'm just trying to get to the lake quicker. LOL
I'm just doing these mods to keep up with the new 2023+ Rams with their Turbo v6s. Being a lighter truck with more horsepower and torque. LOL

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it’s ok to admit you just like the sounds. Maybe some day I will have the disposable income to deploy in that fashion!

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck runs DA corrected mid 11's,12 flats at 4200ft uncorrected.Keep it to a 75 shot,if you throw a set of colder plugs in it,and keep 91 octane in the fuel tank,you can get away with it on the stock tune. Zex makes a good kit,that is only good from a 75 shot to a 125 shot,so it won't allow you to get to stupid with the nitrous as in greedy,lol.

Wow, those are some SERIOUS times !
Thanks for the link. I didn't know the NOS kit was that affordable.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wow, those are some SERIOUS times !
Thanks for the link. I didn't know the NOS kit was that affordable.
Good old hockey tape is a pretty close match to the factory tape,wrap the braided lines and wiring in it,and you can basically make it indiscernable from the other wrapped wiring under the hood,lol.I've had so-called nitrous guru's go over my truck and never find the nitrous set-up.My bottle is under an old suitcase behind the drivers seat in my regular cab,and nobody ever thinks to look under or in a suitcase for the bottle,lol.Crapppy pic of the suitcase,but there's a 15 lb bottle under it,that's easy to access from the drivers seat,through the zipper opening of the suitcase.I like sleepers,and my truck is done to be a sleeper,as nobody expects a 4X4 Ram to run with their Hellcats,lol.Wifes 1320 Challenger runs a baby 50 shot,and runs 11.40's all day long for her at 4,000+ft DA

Attachments

• DSCN3825.JPG
    DSCN3825.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN4938 (2).JPG
    DSCN4938 (2).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it’s ok to admit you just like the sounds. Maybe some day I will have the disposable income to deploy in that fashion!
Admit it ???
Hell I'm proud of the sound my truck makes.
I slow down before a bridge or underpass so i can PUNCH IT !
I cant wait for my cam and tune.
Im 51 and had open heart surgery in 2017, then lost my father in 2018. After those events I realized life's way, way too short. I got some debt, I totally realized the money I'm spending on my truck could go towards knocking out my mortgage or credit cards.
But to me that wouldn't be living life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good old hockey tape is a pretty close match to the factory tape,wrap the braided lines and wiring in it,and you can basically make it indiscernable from the other wrapped wiring under the hood,lol.I've had so-called nitrous guru's go over my truck and never find the nitrous set-up.My bottle is under an old suitcase behind the drivers seat in my regular cab,and nobody ever thinks to look under or in a suitcase for the bottle,lol.Crapppy pic of the suitcase,but there's a 15 lb bottle under it,that's easy to access from the drivers seat,through the zipper opening of the suitcase.I like sleepers,and my truck is done to be a sleeper,as nobody expects a 4X4 Ram to run with their Hellcats,lol.Wifes 1320 Challenger runs a baby 50 shot,and runs 11.40's all day long for her at 4,000+ft DA
Pretty slick hiding that bottle in the suitcase . Plus hiding the lines w hockey tape making it look like factory wires is a nice touch. You definitely have nice rides. I especially like ur truck's rims. What size are they ?
I was thinking about putting "sleeper" on the back of my cap, you know, for those who know. Lol, but probably won't. Why tip em off.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Pretty slick hiding that bottle in the suitcase . Plus hiding the lines w hockey tape making it look like factory wires is a nice touch. You definitely have nice rides. I especially like ur truck's rims. What size are they ?
I was thinking about putting "sleeper" on the back of my cap, you know, for those who know. Lol, but probably won't. Why tip em off.
You might say i've built a few sleepers in my day,lol.I've been known to hide sneaky Pete nitrous systems inside air cleaners in my younger street racing days, ;) . They're just the factory 20" Sport rims,they came with the truck when i bought it brand new.

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might say i've built a few sleepers in my day,lol.I've been known to hide sneaky Pete nitrous systems inside air cleaners in my younger street racing days, ;) . They're just the factory 20" Sport rims,they came with the truck when i bought it brand new.
Inside the air cleaner- that's ingenious!
I have a 17' Tradesman and was sold as a fleet vehicle. It came with the ugly steel 17" rims, with 265/70R/17 tires. They're very much near the end of tread life and i want to get something that will grip better but don't know where to start. I didnt want to just walk blindly into a tire shop. I'll probably start a new thread asking for help on that, if there isn't one already.
I want to get new nicer looking ones but dang there are expensive. Maybe the bone yard in the future.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Inside the air cleaner- that's ingenious!
I have a 17' Tradesman and was sold as a fleet vehicle. It came with the ugly steel 17" rims, with 265/70R/17 tires. They're very much near the end of tread life and i want to get something that will grip better but don't know where to start. I didnt want to just walk blindly into a tire shop. I'll probably start a new thread asking for help on that, if there isn't one already.
I want to get new nicer looking ones but dang there are expensive. Maybe the bone yard in the future.
Street racing involves the art of the con,lol.Let them find the plate system under the carb,and let them see you remove that bottle in the trunk,but never let them see the little 2.5 lb bottle under the dash or drivers seat,feeding a 100 shot to the sneaky pete system sitting inside the air cleaner housing,lol. NOS doesn't build the original sneaky petes anymore that mounted just above the carb,but they still have a modern day fuel injection version.