3rd Gen Owner - Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cooking Cajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Afternoon all. After many years away from truck ownership I just purchased a 2005 Ram 2500 4WD Crew Cab Hemi 5.7 SLT. FYI, I don't know what a Hemi is. If owning a Hemi is not a "good" thing, I am not inclined to argue online. :) I am here to learn as I am very rusty on active participation in my vehicle maintenance / ownership. My first vehicle was a diesel car and I became a little handy with it, even using a repair manual with it. That was many years ago.

My truck looks almost new, well taken care of, and from a very painless dealership.

Looks like it is a truck without all the super bells and whistles offered at the time period it was sold new. I am fine with that. I am researching ways to best outfit the truck. The truck is more than I need at present but possibly all I need in future years. It will carry passengers, offers 4WD when needed, can carry and haul materials when I need.

Looking forward to learning what products and DIY I can do to use the best out of this nice truck!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum. AFAIAC, owning a Hemi is a good thing!

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
OP
OP
Cooking Cajun

Cooking Cajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks all for the welcome.
Welcome to the forum! Let's see a pic of the new ride. You'll love being back in a truck. Here's a couple threads to read through that might help you to start your modding....

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-gen3-today.17527/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/best-mods-for-under-100.85823/

I tried to post pics, but they were from the dealership website. I photoshopped out all references to the logos, dealer name etc. but they still aren't accepted by the website. :-(

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
No worries. When you get around to taking your own, you can post em up.