4” bds 5th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quisopet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question noob here, i have installed 4” bds w/ 35’s in 20 ram rebel, my question is do i need UCA ? And yes i do go offroading a lot , on road 70-80 truck just runs like factory . Wondering if i put uca it would change that ? But same time do i need it if i go a lot offroading?
And my last question is can i add aftermarket coilovers to my 4” bds would it be just universal compatible?
Thanks guys

Attachments

• E73DEEAD-2ADC-4D4E-B055-B645BCD2E1B3.jpeg
    E73DEEAD-2ADC-4D4E-B055-B645BCD2E1B3.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 52

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Question noob here, i have installed 4” bds w/ 35’s in 20 ram rebel, my question is do i need UCA ? And yes i do go offroading a lot , on road 70-80 truck just runs like factory . Wondering if i put uca it would change that ? But same time do i need it if i go a lot offroading?
And my last question is can i add aftermarket coilovers to my 4” bds would it be just universal compatible?
Thanks guys
It all depends on your angles. I would reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust to order the fox/bds coil overs and then post some pictures. We can then tell you if you will need UCA’s

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As mentioned lets see some pics of your CV angles. Also if you do the coilovers will you be cranking them up and adding lift? that will play a role in needing UCA's as well.

For the front coil overs we can help with that. We have some options for you there.

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As mentioned lets see some pics of your CV angles. Also if you do the coilovers will you be cranking them up and adding lift? that will play a role in needing UCA's as well.

For the front coil overs we can help with that. We have some options for you there.
Nick, not to hijack the OP's thread but you touched on something I have been trying to figure out as well. I really want the BDS 4-inch lift for my 2020 Ram Rebel to help with my approach/departure angles since I actually take the Rebel on some decent off-road slow speed rock crawling and high speed desert runs (plus, I think the 5th Gens look the best with 4-inch lifts too). I was considering the BDS 6-inch Fox Coilover system but 6-inches is just too high for highway driving/towing and for off-canter wheeling. Are you saying you can offer a front coilover or aftermarket strut that will be better than factory but fit the BDS 4-inch spacer system? I have been searching and talking to folks (Fox, King, Dirt Logix, etc.) and either nothing is available and/or would require a custom design and/or nobody knows if anything will fit except for BDS saying that they don't have a front coilover/strut to recommend other than the factory struts and UCAs. I am currently running the Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 coilover lift system including the UCAs but would love a tad more height (up to 4-4.5 inches). Having a stout cross member/drop bracket system like BDS to retain the factory geometry with higher performance coilovers/shocks like Fox for better on-road handling and off-road performance would be ideal!

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick, not to hijack the OP's thread but you touched on something I have been trying to figure out as well. I really want the BDS 4-inch lift for my 2020 Ram Rebel to help with my approach/departure angles since I actually take the Rebel on some decent off-road slow speed rock crawling and high speed desert runs (plus, I think the 5th Gens look the best with 4-inch lifts too). I was considering the BDS 6-inch Fox Coilover system but 6-inches is just too high for highway driving/towing and for off-canter wheeling. Are you saying you can offer a front coilover or aftermarket strut that will be better than factory but fit the BDS 4-inch spacer system? I have been searching and talking to folks (Fox, King, Dirt Logix, etc.) and either nothing is available and/or would require a custom design and/or nobody knows if anything will fit except for BDS saying that they don't have a front coilover/strut to recommend other than the factory struts and UCAs. I am currently running the Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 coilover lift system including the UCAs but would love a tad more height (up to 4-4.5 inches). Having a stout cross member/drop bracket system like BDS to retain the factory geometry with higher performance coilovers/shocks like Fox for better on-road handling and off-road performance would be ideal!

We do not offer the BDS brand. We do offer Zone if interested. As for the BDS kit, if it uses factory front struts like the Zone 4" kits do than you should be able to use any aftermarket replacement like the Fox 2.0 coil overs or the full length (remove the front lift spacers) Fox 2.5 coil overs. We do this often with the Zone kits and they perform and ride great!

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We do not offer the BDS brand. We do offer Zone if interested. As for the BDS kit, if it uses factory front struts like the Zone 4" kits do than you should be able to use any aftermarket replacement like the Fox 2.0 coil overs or the full length (remove the front lift spacers) Fox 2.5 coil overs. We do this often with the Zone kits and they perform and ride great!
Thanks Nick. Interesting; how are you getting the 4-inches of lift out of the Zone system if you're replacing the 4-inch top spacers? Would the coilovers then not have to provide the lift; if so, I did not see any Fox 2.5 coilovers that extend to 4-inches or are you able to provide custom lengths? Can you PM me as I really want to explore this option!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Nick. Interesting; how are you getting the 4-inches of lift out of the Zone system if you're replacing the 4-inch top spacers? Would the coilovers then not have to provide the lift; if so, I did not see any Fox 2.5 coilovers that extend to 4-inches or are you able to provide custom lengths? Can you PM me as I really want to explore this option!

I'll send you a message.

jmee10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Nick - digging up an old thread here. I have exactly the same question as Desert Dawg asked. I have a 4inch BDS life installed that uses the 4inch spacer, and I'm looking to swap out for a normal coilover. Could you send me the same info you had provided to desert dawg?

jmee10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll send you a message.
Hello Nick - digging up an old thread here. I have exactly the same question as Desert Dawg asked. I have a 4inch BDS life installed that uses the 4inch spacer, and I'm looking to swap out for a normal coilover. Could you send me the same info you had provided to desert dawg?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sending over a message shortly. Thank you