4” or 6”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I too had the same dilemma. I was able to get the SuperLift 6” kit for the same price as the 4”. I opted for the 4” for one simple reason. My wife is, shall we say, “vertically challenged “. She struggled getting in the truck with the 33’s and a leveling kit. I figured a 4” lift along with 35’s would pretty much be the max she could “comfortably “ get in and out. I have to admit, I really wanted the 6” kit, but functionally the 4” kit definitely was a better choice for us.
Amp research steps come down and make it a joy to get in and out. If 3 year old kids can get in and out that a win for everyone. The only problem with kids is they can’t reach the door handles

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amp research steps come down and make it a joy to get in and out. If 3 year old kids can get in and out that a win for everyone. The only problem with kids is they can’t reach the door handles

I agree the AMP steps make a huge difference as they extend down much lower than standard steps. Then they fold back up for optimal ground clearance and a great clean look! Our customers love them and think the investment is well worth it!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I wish I could get a set. But the weather up here is to harsh on that kind of stuff.
They would surprise you. They work great in all weather. We had back to back 30+ inch snow storms the first winter i had mine on. They were flawless. And I have been sunk in mud on more than 1 occasion. They impress me everytime i open my door

OP
OP
W

westcoasting

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2.5 looks really expensive but when put into perspective they cost a little more than a set of tires. @RJL1 was truly back and forth for almost a year with me. The kit he ended up with is the exact kit I run on my own truck. Minus the Core 4x4 rear end setup and hellwig sway bar. I don’t know anyone that regretted purchasing any 2.5 coilover, it’s money well spent
Well my wife put the kibosh on my plans for a lift :( kitchen and bath Reno apparently are more important first! I read through the leveling thread but now I’m more confused... can I use fox 2.0 on the front end to level and are they still usable when I do lift it? What do I need for the rear end or is it fine stock? Or a new wife... no that’s too expensive!!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well my wife put the kibosh on my plans for a lift :( kitchen and bath Reno apparently are more important first! I read through the leveling thread but now I’m more confused... can I use fox 2.0 on the front end to level and are they still usable when I do lift it? What do I need for the rear end or is it fine stock? Or a new wife... no that’s too expensive!!
You can absolutely get the fox 2.0’s now and use them with a lift. Depending on your measurements the rear may be able to stay stock.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I believe a lifted truck hauls kitchen and bathroom renovation materials better than a stock truck ;)
Priorities my friend

tonyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Already incorporated in @Nick@GotExhaust "quick_shifter" package :cheers:

I believe its the Quick_shifter Stage 5 kit if memory serves. That included the Core 4x4 set up
Does it fit on 2012 or is this for 2013 and above?
How much does all this goodness (Quick_shifter Stage 5) costs?
I checked the gotexhaust.com website which took me to freedommotorsports.com and it is not on there.
Thanks!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I checked the gotexhaust.com website which took me to freedommotorsports.com and it is not on there.
Thanks!
Click on this @Nick@GotExhaust and select start a conversation. Type in your private message that you want the quick_shifter stage 5 kit for your 2012 1500 4x4 and Nick will respond with a price for you

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks!

thanks for reaching out. I have responded. We havent loaded these packages yet due to manufacturer delays with some products. Once things are a little more back to normal we will be adding these but everyone is welcome to contact me for pricing and availability for any QuickShifter packages or anything else.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
If you need to still fit into a standard 7’ garage then 4” is the way to go, the 6” lift won’t fit especially with 35”+ tires.

If garage Peking isn’t an issue and you’re moving up to 35” - 37” tires then 6” is a little cooler I feel.