4” Rough Country lift (SKU: 33330)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I bought my Ram 4x4 recently and it came with everything I would have done myself. Actually, only items missing were the CAI and an exhaust. Other than that, everything done. The lift it came with is a 4” Rough Country lift. Trouble is, the sway bar ends are tilted up; also the C/V axles are also tilted up, instead of down as you would usually see. Called RC and they said if I didn’t see the strut spacers, then they purchased the optional lift struts. They also said the way the sway bar and C/Vs are tilted is normal because this and the 6” kit use mostly the same parts. Who else has a 4” RC kit that can ease my doubts?

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You said that your sway bar links are tilted up? Not sure what you mean by that? I have a 4” RC Lift on my 13 1500 Crew Cab. I can’t say I remember which way my sway bar links are angled or my CV joints are but I’ll look when I go to work in an hour and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post some pics of the suspension

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
IMG_0762.jpg
Here's a pic of my driver's front wheel cranked all the way to the left and a shot of the CV axle and sway bar link My CV axle is angled upwards a little bit.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m guessing it’s either straight out or slightly downwards by the way he’s questioning it. I don’t know as I never paid that much attention when I was working in the dealership to be honest. The angle isn’t bad at all and should allow for more articulation since it has more ability to angle down farther with the wheels since it’s angled up on a regular basis. As for the sway bar links I’m still not sure what he’s talking about in terms of the angle.

Whitd5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m guessing he just needs longer end links to get the sway bar back to parallel with the ground. He said the end links are up but I’m guessing he means that the bar is going upwards where the end links connect.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If that’s what you’re thinking and he means then I’d say to look at the Hellwig adjustable sway bar links. My truck rides like a Cadillac the way mine are positioned and I’ve had many people tell me that. But I’m thinking of adding the Hellwig rear sway bar and adjustable links when I’m done upgrading my shocks/struts/springs.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m guessing he just needs longer end links to get the sway bar back to parallel with the ground. He said the end links are up but I’m guessing he means that the bar is going upwards where the end links connect.

Most likely needs SHORTER sway bar links, not longer. It’s not a great pic, but I also have what I believe is a 4” RC lift, and my sway bar angles upwards quite a bit. It would require shorter links to bring the sway bar parallel with the ground. I think this is because RC uses the same sway bar links for both the 4 and 6” lifts.
b551bd5c0cbc51eb174143295aa9759b.jpg

Last edited:

Whitd5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah yes...up front the gap would be made longer between the two attachment points so a shorter link would bring it back down.
Now the rear is the opposite because the links go above the bar so it needs them longer after a lift to push them back down.

OP
OP
ALFREDO SILVA

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry all, I never got an email notification that y’all responded. Here are 2 pics.

340D9976-3AEC-4C9C-A72E-B11747AD234E.jpeg

A992A2C9-5418-4AE1-8109-EA0321040734.jpeg

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So should the sway bar be at that 45 degree angle upwards?

Thought I mentioned this earlier(could have been in another thread though)......

Rough Country uses the same sway bar links for both their 4” AND their 6” kits.
Ideally you want the sway bar to be as close to horizontal as possible, but being angles up a little won’t damage anything.

If you really want to fix it, just get some shorter/adjustable sway bar links.

OP
OP
ALFREDO SILVA

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thought I mentioned this earlier(could have been in another thread though)......

Rough Country uses the same sway bar links for both their 4” AND their 6” kits.
Ideally you want the sway bar to be as close to horizontal as possible, but being angles up a little won’t damage anything.

If you really want to fix it, just get some shorter/adjustable sway bar links.

Yeah I remember reading that. However when inspecting the suspension, I do not see the strut spacers now do I see the rear coil spacers. I ordered the lift struts anyway since the front ones look OEM, that way the back shocks are almost as new as the front is going to be. Once I install them, I’ll know for sure that it’s closer to how it should be.

OP
OP
ALFREDO SILVA

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Also, does anyone have this RC 4” kit installed t
Most likely needs SHORTER sway bar links, not longer. It’s not a great pic, but I also have what I believe is a 4” RC lift, and my sway bar angles upwards quite a bit. It would require shorter links to bring the sway bar parallel with the ground. I think this is because RC uses the same sway bar links for both the 4 and 6” lifts.
b551bd5c0cbc51eb174143295aa9759b.jpg

Totally makes sense why I have to add a 4x6 block when I need to jack up the truck...my tires won’t leave the ground without it lol

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the RC 4” lift kit installed on my 2013 1500 Sport Crew Cab. What can I help you with?

OP
OP
ALFREDO SILVA

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the RC 4” lift kit installed on my 2013 1500 Sport Crew Cab. What can I help you with?

How easily can you see your strut spacers and coil spring spacers when you look under?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio