4.7 to 5.7 Hemi swap ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so I find a low mileage 05 at this J-yard in MO so I email the dude asking about the harness PCM TCM and E-pedal and says it doesn't come with the engine but has Challenger motors that do ? Am I missing something here ? Why the hell wont you sell me the needed parts for the project ? Oh and the smoker is out also no harness with that one either UGH !!!
If it's an 05 it won't have a separate TCM; 2004 through 2013 (in 1500's anyway) TCM function is combined with the PCM. But at least you'd have an engine.

I'd buy the entire dam truck if it wasn't so far away I'm not shelling out a grand for shipping a donor...
Don't blame you there

Will a Hemi and electronics from an 05 Durango create a wiring nightmare in comparison to a Ram engine ? Just stumbled upon one on them too...
Similar but there are differences.
Hit up hotwireauto.com, this is their bread and butter. They might be able to modify your harness and all you'd need is maybe a pedal and a PCM.

OP
OP
FXR99

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Lonestar now that's the info I have been looking for ! I will pick Hotwires brain on the swap hell maybe with further research I could go with a newer 390/395 motor... You Mopar boys must wreck a ton of vehicles ebay alone is flooded with Hemi's new and old for what I consider fairly short money (5.7's anyway) in comparison to some LS motors we have bought and swapped made easy by Painless who seems to have no interest in Mopar ! That said it is much easier with the Painless LS harness being designed for non computerized vehicle swap outs, apples to oranges....

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not in an 05; the VVT engines require CAN bus. Not unless you change the crank tone wheel and lock the VVT phaser, but then it won't be a 390/395 engine anymore lol.