4.7 Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey everyone.

I just got my hands on HPTuners and i’ve been playing around with it for a bit. I’ve been messing with trans settings too and managed to get the 6 speed into an actual 6 speed with nicer shifts but it could still use some help on low speed acceleration which i am fixing soon enough.

I want to tune the engine to make a little more power, i know, i know, “it’s a 4.7 it’s not going to make hemi numbers” and i don’t want it to. I just want a little more power from it.

I started with power enrichment on HPT. Turned off WOT delay, fiddled with the pedal sensitivity to make it perfect. I then saw someone from a very long time ago maxing out the FA Incr and FA Decr enrichment rates and i thought i would give it a shot. Also said to make the entire Aircharge and PRatio tables 0.135, effectively making the AFR 12.3 across the entire rev range. Truck did not like this, gave me tons more power (able to do a sub 7 0-60) but at idle it was spark knocking just as i floored it. According to VCM Scanner it was also pulling 45° of timing, so i immediately set it back to stock settings on the engine tune. I would’ve tuned my 5.7 bighorn but since it’s a newer truck i’d have to spend tons more and wait tons longer on getting the PCM unlocked.

Learning as i go with this, i haven’t gotten any help either on HPT forums or literally anywhere else i’ve asked despite being told that i need to ask around as i’m new to this. So i figured i mine as well give it a shot here.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Bump: went in and did some more settings. Gonna max out the FA Incr and FA Decr values but keep stock Aircharge and PRatio values.

htwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you want more oomph, do a gear swap. Going from a 3.55 to 4.10, or 3.92 to 4.56 ratio will feel like it makes a lot more power. Usually $850/axle is not uncommon to regear

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
If you want more oomph, do a gear swap. Going from a 3.55 to 4.10, or 3.92 to 4.56 ratio will feel like it makes a lot more power. Usually $850/axle is not uncommon to regear
I probably will.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l
I have a question but your gonna have to have encryption removed or the tuner won't work the program gets overwritten by encryption.

Does anybody know if the rt heads fit the 4.7 or any apache commando style head

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a question but your gonna have to have encryption removed or the tuner won't work the program gets overwritten by encryption.

Does anybody know if the rt heads fit the 4.7 or any apache commando style head
They quite using the 4.7 in 2013,2 years before they started locking the PCM's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat