4.7l exhaust leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Anyone know where the most common spots for exhaust leaks are? How about broken bolts? Do they have a tendency to break? I live in Arkansas and vehicles don't really rust at all here. But my truck definitely has either an exhaust or a vacuum leak.

My truck is a 2004 QCSB 4.7l.

Accidentally posted this under 2nd gen - engine a while ago. Oops:D

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Get yourself a evap smoker and hook it to your vacume line on your break booster you that smoke ain't going to lie.Also when you first start your truck in the morning to warm it up crawl under if you have a exaust leak you will see it.I hope thos helps.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
use sea foam dump it down intake and fire it up plenty of vids on this makes a **** load of smoke and cleans your valves thats what i do when i cant find exhaust leaks.
But its most likely your manifolds leaking they warp and break the bolts u need to re surface them or buy new ones.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Seafoam isn't gonna find a vacume leak just smoke like crazy.Smoke evap will find a leak .There is several way to find a vacume leak but like you had said seafoam will work as exaust leak look like you are spraying for mosquitoes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn