4" lift w/bilstein 6112/5160

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acegolfer246

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thinking of combining the Bilstein 6112 set @ 1 (factory OEM) and adding the readylift 4" kit to get the 4 inch lift with new front struts and Bilstein 5160 for rear with ready lifts spacers from 4" kit. Has anybody seen a setup like this or know if it's possible??

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post a link to which 4” kit you are referencing?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I literally just posted a thread about it...lol...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please do not use that kit. If you want to lift 4” please get a real 4” lift kit. Not a spacer lift. You can only comfortably lift to 3” on the stock setup before really running into issues with cv binding or ball joint binding. I’m currently running the eibach setup sitting at 3” and have 35s on my truck with 0 issues. Look into a rough country 4” lift and use the 6112 with that if you really want a 4” lift because the rough country kit at least readjusts all the angles and drops the diff to compensate for the lift.

Rickhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What do they use to drop the front to keep the cv axles from binding? I am in the process of installing the 4" sst kit but got rid of the spacers and went with a rough country 4" lifted struts. If there is a way to just buy the part that corrects the cv angle that would be a lot easier than trashing a kit that's already been purchased. If anyone knows thanks for the info

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would be much better off going with a 4" kit like one from Zone, especially if you plan to off road at all. They Zone kits lift the RAM the correct way and are well though out kits. From there we can set you up with better struts and rear shocks to make the great kit from Zone even better. Please feel free to message me for info and quotes

Rickhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yeah, wish I had found these forums before I started tearing everything apart lol! Oh well, I'll put on the lift I have. If I don't like it I'll definitely be looking at zones kit more. They definitely look like someone actually thought about it instead of just putting blocks of aluminum all over.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So people seem to like zone lifts why no love for 4 inch super lift with new springs out back and bilsteins?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So people seem to like zone lifts why no love for 4 inch super lift with new springs out back and bilsteins?

Forums are full of people and people in general are dumb AF so don't hang your hat on what any of us says.

Superlift is who Ram turned to for the Mopar-branded 2 and 4 inch suspension lifts, if that means anything.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forums are full of people and people in general are dumb AF so don't hang your hat on what any of us says.

Superlift is who Ram turned to for the Mopar-branded 2 and 4 inch suspension lifts, if that means anything.
What are you getting at with that comment? To trust that setup? Also any advice on it fitting in a garage?

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zone is owned by BDS I believe and is their more budget friendly brand. I personally really like the product that BDS puts out so Zone should manufacture comparable stuff.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Here is a link to the kit I'm thinking of running in combination with Bils https://www.americantrucks.com/readylift-4-sst-lift-kit-0917-4wd-ram-1500-w-o-air-ride.html
To clarify there is nothing wrong with the readylift kit. However that is all you get with it, there is no setting your billstiens higher, getting more lift later etc. The kit is the kit that's it. Most want that extra inch or two so spending the few extra dollars on a bracket kit leaves the door open to future upgrades and height adjustments. We do a lot of the readylift kits on leased rams because they can go back to stock unlike the bracket lift.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been mulling a four inch lift for months. I need to get a lift that allows my brothers 285’s duratracs to fit. I need to figure this out sooner than later for sticker reasons but I’m at the point where I think four inches is good height. I’ve seen super lift and think that’s the best idea so can anyone tell me I’m wrong?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been mulling a four inch lift for months. I need to get a lift that allows my brothers 285’s duratracs to fit. I need to figure this out sooner than later for sticker reasons but I’m at the point where I think four inches is good height. I’ve seen super lift and think that’s the best idea so can anyone tell me I’m wrong?
I have 305/70r18 (35/12) on my truck sitting at 3” front lift height and 1.5” rear lift height. Had 2.5” front lift height and 1” rear lift with the same tires and no rub. I’ll be dropping back to 2.5 lift height eventually for personal reasons. A 285 width tire is not much over stock so it’s fairly easy to fit without issue. The proper offset of wheel or proper wheel spacer is all you need to fit 35s on a leveled truck. But same goes for a lifted truck. If all you’re going for is just to fit bigger tires than any cheap 4” suspension kit will do or even a good leveling kit. If you want to lift for off-roading than you need to do the research for yourself on which kit best fits your interests money wise. Nobody can decide that for you.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 305/70r18 (35/12) on my truck sitting at 3” front lift height and 1.5” rear lift height. Had 2.5” front lift height and 1” rear lift with the same tires and no rub. I’ll be dropping back to 2.5 lift height eventually for personal reasons. A 285 width tire is not much over stock so it’s fairly easy to fit without issue. The proper offset of wheel or proper wheel spacer is all you need to fit 35s on a leveled truck. But same goes for a lifted truck. If all you’re going for is just to fit bigger tires than any cheap 4” suspension kit will do or even a good leveling kit. If you want to lift for off-roading than you need to do the research for yourself on which kit best fits your interests money wise. Nobody can decide that for you.
I mean as it is stock it won’t fit those 285 duratracs will it with the stock rims?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To clarify there is nothing wrong with the readylift kit. However that is all you get with it, there is no setting your billstiens higher, getting more lift later etc. The kit is the kit that's it. Most want that extra inch or two so spending the few extra dollars on a bracket kit leaves the door open to future upgrades and height adjustments. We do a lot of the readylift kits on leased rams because they can go back to stock unlike the bracket lift.
What about the super lift kit on their site that is a bracket lift if I recall?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This setup? I need this before snow flies as my SRA’s are to wear belt.