4 wheel light is on and no trailer brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward OBrien

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My 06 has a service 4 wheel light on and i have lost my trailer brakes , I sent the TIMP out to be checked
it pasted with no problems so now I'm back to square one . if anyone has an idea please let me know or if you have had the same problem and fixed it .
thank you all so much take care of you and yours !
Edward

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Assuming you mean TIPM? A little history would help. Have the truck/trailer brakes combination ever worked properly? I have the same year/vehicle you have, however I have never heard of a "Service 4 Wheel" light. My truck is a 4wd. Did you do anything, including repairs and /or mods to either the trailer or truck prior to having this failure?

Mike

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Service 4x4 and no trailer brakes....if you unplug the trailer connector. Does the " service 4x4" go away? Or does it stay on? Or am I thinking of something different when you said " service 4 wheel light"? I'm thinking of 4x4? Is that correct?

Aroderick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, Hmm. I would like this question answered. If someone who knows the right answer, please step up.