46re Transmission Failing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumnig66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l v8 Magnum
So I have a 1998 Ram 1500 V8 5.9 with a 46re transmission. The truck runs fine and drives but I have to start out manually in 1st gear and shift manually 2 second then into drive once in drive The transmission functions properly unless I come to a stop then I have to repeat the process. If I try to drive starting in drive I just get high revs.. I just replaced the governor pressure sensor and Selenoid and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

tonymartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you have an extra trans cooler or no. i have the answer to your prob. tke the plate gov silinoid plate out and drill the whole out enough to all the g0v sil. enough clearance to suck fluid.. also thesen trans mission do not like synthetic fluid. there is a 50/50 available on line works great.
in add.>i can rebuid these transmissions for a little less than 600.oo that includes a new torgue converter and i can do a stage two uplift for about the same. with a warranty. the only drawback is you would have to mail it to me. i would charge three hundred dollars for a rebuild a five for a stage two. also unless you go ov er six hundred horse power thedre is no need for a stage three

Last edited: