4th Gen 1500 Goose Gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurfie

Reaction score
Hi all, first post for me. I did try searching, but didn’t find anything obvious.

I’m looking at getting a new 1500 Classic Warlock crew cab. I know this is the 4th gen model, which is the same cab as the current 2500/3500. I have no need for the back seat, so it would be folded up pretty much all the time so I can fit my dog crates and/or portable fridge/freezers.

I will probably just remove them to gain that extra space. I could build a seat delete platform, but Goose Gear makes one for the 2500/3500 crew cab. Their description says “We have confirmed the fitment in the Crew Cab 2500 and the 3500 series only at this time.” But in theory, it should fit the 1500 Classic…has anyone seen someone confirming that the Goose Gear rear seat delete plates will fit? I’d be willing to try it, but it’s an expensive experiment to only find out that it doesn’t.

Thanks for any help getting pointed in the right direction!

OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, @RamDiver !

Yes, that’s the one I’m looking at. Am I wrong to assume it would work? My understanding is that the 1500 Classic and current gen 2500/3500 use the same 4th gen cab. I’m not sure why Goose Gear can’t or won’t confirm either way.

I could go with a DIY delete, but why reinvent the wheel (other than DIY being waaaaay cheaper)? Plus I am certain my DIY skills would result in a DIY-looking end product.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
im guessing it fits 4th gens only is why it listed as hd. cabs be the same. next question. where are you located and does your rear seat have the armrest?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
2 pieces of 3/4" mdf and couple of2x4 legs, with HF floor pads. The reason I went with 2 shelf boards, is that I can take them out "easily" if needed.
$800 for the 40% side and $1300 for the 60% is NUTS! But it does have the back cover system. I will be working on that this spring/summer.
full

Then seat out all together and a couple of dog beds, I have refrigerator box cardboard covering the holes
full

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
im guessing it fits 4th gens only is why it listed as hd. cabs be the same. next question. where are you located and does your rear seat have the armrest?

Agreed, but strange that they (or anyone else) has confirmed it would fit the 4th gen 1500s and 1500 Classics. It’s not like there are tons of them on the road, so surely someone has tried. If GG was willing to accept them back if they don’t fit (and cover return shipping), then I’d buy and try. Then they could change their website to say it is compatible with with the 4th gen 1500s. Seems a win win to me, but maybe I’m the only potential dummy willing to fork out the cash to try it in a 1500? ‍♂️

BTW, I’m located in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area. I don’t have the truck yet, but pulling the trigger plater this month. And yes, it has the centre arm rest in the rear; I’m fairly certain I’ll be storing the rear seat for the rare occasions I need to put it back in, though.

OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
2 pieces of 3/4" mdf and couple of2x4 legs, with HF floor pads. The reason I went with 2 shelf boards, is that I can take them out "easily" if needed.
$800 for the 40% side and $1300 for the 60% is NUTS! But it does have the back cover system. I will be working on that this spring/summer.

Then seat out all together and a couple of dog beds, I have refrigerator box cardboard covering the holes
Nice setup! I agree the price is bananas, but I have limited time, limited tools, and limited patience to build my own; at least to a high standard that I’d be happy with. The GG system is pretty dialled in and looks clean. Plus I could add their drawer and/or slide system in the future.

I know it’s not for everyone, but it is worth it to me to go with a well-manufactured product.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Agreed, but strange that they (or anyone else) has confirmed it would fit the 4th gen 1500s and 1500 Classics. It’s not like there are tons of them on the road, so surely someone has tried. If GG was willing to accept them back if they don’t fit (and cover return shipping), then I’d buy and try. Then they could change their website to say it is compatible with with the 4th gen 1500s. Seems a win win to me, but maybe I’m the only potential dummy willing to fork out the cash to try it in a 1500? ‍♂️

BTW, I’m located in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area. I don’t have the truck yet, but pulling the trigger plater this month. And yes, it has the centre arm rest in the rear; I’m fairly certain I’ll be storing the rear seat for the rare occasions I need to put it back in, though.
every time yall in canada lol

OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
@Jurfie

I know you were looking for tips on the Goose Gear installation but here's another thread on a DIY, just in case you find the time and a better use for your hard earned $. :cool:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/overland-built-from-germany.195736/#post-2740106

Oh, well *that’s* a nice rear seat delete! Kudos to @Morphine for the build skills. Maybe you’re right: I should just build my own. With the money I’ll save, I could buy some new tools to make it.

Now I’m flip-flopping between a new Warlock (4th Gen) or a new Rebel (5th Gen). I’ve found a Rebel that is ~$8k CAD (~$6k USD) more than the Warlock I was considering, and the Rebel has way more bells and whistles.

That’s still a big chunk of change in difference, though.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, well *that’s* a nice rear seat delete! Kudos to @Morphine for the build skills. Maybe you’re right: I should just build my own. With the money I’ll save, I could buy some new tools to make it.

Now I’m flip-flopping between a new Warlock (4th Gen) or a new Rebel (5th Gen). I’ve found a Rebel that is ~$8k CAD (~$6k USD) more than the Warlock I was considering, and the Rebel has way more bells and whistles.

That’s still a big chunk of change in difference, though.

I've been using that justification for buying new tools & test gear to fix stuff for decades. :cool:

Many years ago, I often bought the manufacturer's service manual for my trucks because it paid for itself very quickly and they weren't insanely priced like the last 10 years.

I cheaped out and bought a new Warlock with a few cool options instead of the Rebel. I just couldn't justify the additional $.

OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
I've been using that justification for buying new tools & test gear to fix stuff for decades. :cool:

Many years ago, I often bought the manufacturer's service manual for my trucks because it paid for itself very quickly and they weren't insanely priced like the last 10 years.

I cheaped out and bought a new Warlock with a few cool options instead of the Rebel. I just couldn't justify the additional $.
Ya, that’s my conundrum…I really like the new Rebel, but man it is hard to justify spending that much money on a truck.

I like the simplicity of the non-eTorque Hemi, and I don’t really need all the doodads and diddlybobs on the 5th Gen, but they sure look nice. The Warlock ticks a lot of boxes for me, and is the smarter choice I think.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Warlock ticks a lot of boxes for me, and is the smarter choice I think.

You said it, the same as I did last year.

Until I win a huge lottery, the Warlock suits my needs and then some already.
I am itching to have the seats fixed with Katzkin though. Fourteen years on Tundra leather has spoiled my a$$. :cool:

There's a great idea for you. Price out a Warlock with all the frills and add Katzkin leather seats to the mix. Then compare that to the Rebel with premium (chuckle) cloth. :cool:

OP
OP
J

Jurfie

Reaction score
You said it, the same as I did last year.

Until I win a huge lottery, the Warlock suits my needs and then some already.
I am itching to have the seats fixed with Katzkin though. Fourteen years on Tundra leather has spoiled my a$$. :cool:

There's a great idea for you. Price out a Warlock with all the frills and add Katzkin leather seats to the mix. Then compare that to the Rebel with premium (chuckle) cloth. :cool:

I actually like the Warlock's "premium" cloth seats. I did consider doing the Katzkins and swapping the dash with a leather-wrapped one from a Sport, but I doubt I'd go that far with mods (famous last words).

Turns out the Warlock I was looking at that was on a local lot sold. And here I believed all the noise about trucks not selling due to high interest rates and low demand, blahblahblah. Bummer, as it ALMOST matched my build and price exactly.

There's a Ceramic Edition one on another local lot that is available and even cheaper, which is a bonus. Wrong colour (I wanted Delmonico Red Pearl) and no All Terrain Package, but still a nice truck and listed at $15,300 below MSRP. That seems like a decent number to start negotiations at. If I can get it for $40k OTD with my trade in, I'd drive it home.

Level it, put on some new 17" wheels wrapped in 35" KO2s, and add a VICE hidden winch mount and I'd be set.