4th gen 2500 cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhiscott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2010 ram 3500, and a bunch of the functionality is gone because my cluster is pegged at 1,000,000kms. I can't use see range, distance travelled on a tank, fuel mileage, it thinks it has low fuel, won't stay remote started (cause of the thinking its out of fuel due to the fact it can't calculate a mpg based on the fact it isn't accumulating mileage).

Can I just swap in a cluster from ebay or a scrap yard that has less mileage and it work without any programming? Is the mileage stored in the cluster itself? Being an old truck, I don't really want to spend much fixing this, but if throwing a 150 dollar used cluster in will do the trick, it would be worth it (for the remote starting alone haha).

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I don't believe a gauge cluster swap will fix this, because the control that sets this limit is in the ECM. You may be able to have a Dodge dealer flash the ECM and unlock this. Maybe someone with more experience with this problem can chime in, hopefully.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought a Laramie Longhorn cluster for my Laramie Longhorn (someone changed before I bought the truck). Anyway, I’m sending it out to be programmed for my vin, hours and mileage. Mine has 208k on it and I’d let it go cheap if you need it. However, if a dealer flash will fix your truck, I’d do that.