4th gen Catch Can on a 5th gen ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Im sure this has been asked already, but couldnt find it anywhere. Can a 4th gen catch can be installed on a 5th gen?

Ive seen a few pictures and it looks like the mounting "arm" is different. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Thanks. I have one of the $50 Ebay specials and removed it from the '17 before I traded it in.
Im going to see if it will fit this evening.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The Moroso CC I had on my 2017 rebel wouldn't mount to my 2020 Laramie without modifications. It really depends on the design of the mount and location. As long as you can mount it you should be able to use it. I upgraded to a Mishimoto CC for my 2021 Limited because I like the design of it better than the Moroso.

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
The UPR kit will work on the 4th or 5th gen.

UPR's website has a different picture of the internals compared to yalls website.

Do you know why they changed or which one I would be getting?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPR's website has a different picture of the internals compared to yalls website.

Do you know why they changed or which one I would be getting?
Thank you for pointing that out. The pic on our site is the old style. UPR has made a more efficient design. You would be getting the newest style.

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Thank you for pointing that out. The pic on our site is the old style. UPR has made a more efficient design. You would be getting the newest style.

Just ordered one.

Thanks for the heads up. My old one wouldnt fit the 5th gen.

I also looked at the Billet Technologies one, but couldnt find a picture of the internals anywhere. The Mishimoto has the best mounting design, but I cant see spending an extra $70 for either of them.

I like the UPR one because it reminds me of my whiskey still. Lol. I have copper mesh just like that in the reflux column, so the alcohol is forced to condense through the mesh until it reaches the top of the column to finally exit down into the bottle. Pulling 180 proof alcohol with ease.

The UPR can is just the opposite. The oil is forced to condense as it travels down the column through the mesh... I like that.

1626400922439.png

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered one.

Thanks for the heads up. My old one wouldnt fit the 5th gen.

I also looked at the Billet Technologies one, but couldnt find a picture of the internals anywhere. The Mishimoto has the best mounting design, but I cant see spending an extra $70 for either of them.

I like the UPR one because it reminds me of my whiskey still. Lol. I have copper mesh just like that in the reflux column, so the alcohol is forced to condense through the mesh until it reaches the top of the column to finally exit down into the bottle. Pulling 180 proof alcohol with ease.

The UPR can is just the opposite. The oil is forced to condense as it travels down the column through the mesh... I like that.

View attachment 464888

Thank you for your order. The UPR one works very good and I am sure you will be happy with it. I have 1 on 2 different personal vehicles and they do a great job. Install is super easy and the quality of it is top notch.