Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th Gen Crew Cab Seats in a 3rd Gen Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Interior' started by xtremewlr, Feb 17, 2018.

1. auwingrider

auwingrider Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Cummins
    I am doing this swap right now. I am putting 2015 heated and vented seats in a 2003 ram 3500 slt. I am in the process of mapping the can bus so I can use an arduino and a min touch screen to run the heat and vent. my goal is to make the heat pads function with hi and low temp control

2. HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    You don't have CAN bus....

3. auwingrider

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Cummins
    Yes I know the 03 does not but the seats are from a 2015 and I pulled all the seat modules so I can run the thermistor control that the can bus I am mapping
    I am going you use arduninos and a small touch screen or iPad mini

4. DomCard

DomCard Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    Let me know if you figure out the mapping with Arduino I'd be interesting at giving a try as well. For the time being I bought Seat heater switches/ ecm on ebay and use those to control heat and vented seats.. I also have the 17 switch but of course it runs via can bus. I was hopping to convert to analog.. but won't work without creating a new board..

auwingrider likes this.
  5. auwingrider

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Cummins
    its going to be this winter between work going to school full time and camping my summer is full up. but i will let you know

6. ramzyram

ramzyram Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7l hemi
    I thought maybe i would chime in and let everyone know since i see alot of questions on it. The back seats do not sit reclined enough when using the 3rd gen brackets i could easily tell the difference between my 4th gen QC back seat and my 3rd gen QC back seat and its downright uncomfortable. So i temped the seats in by bolting the bottoms,removed all back bracketry (on the truck not the seats) and marked the 4th gen seat hinges as they sat against the body,i then drilled 1/2 holes around the area where the hook would sit and cut straight upward on the body, this allowed the seats to actually hook into the body and recline much further and they will not drop when folding up the bottom, it now feels exact to my 4th gen QC rear seating position. Hope this helps!

7. DomCard

DomCard Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    Do you have any pictures?