4th Gen Crew Cab Seats in a 3rd Gen Quad Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

auwingrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I am doing this swap right now. I am putting 2015 heated and vented seats in a 2003 ram 3500 slt. I am in the process of mapping the can bus so I can use an arduino and a min touch screen to run the heat and vent. my goal is to make the heat pads function with hi and low temp control

auwingrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yes I know the 03 does not but the seats are from a 2015 and I pulled all the seat modules so I can run the thermistor control that the can bus I am mapping
I am going you use arduninos and a small touch screen or iPad mini

DomCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I can run the thermistor control that the can bus I am mapping
I am going you use arduninos and a small touch screen or iPad mini

Let me know if you figure out the mapping with Arduino I'd be interesting at giving a try as well. For the time being I bought Seat heater switches/ ecm on ebay and use those to control heat and vented seats.. I also have the 17 switch but of course it runs via can bus. I was hopping to convert to analog.. but won't work without creating a new board..

auwingrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Let me know if you figure out the mapping with Arduino I'd be interesting at giving a try as well. For the time being I bought Seat heater switches/ ecm on ebay and use those to control heat and vented seats.. I also have the 17 switch but of course it runs via can bus. I was hopping to convert to analog.. but won't work without creating a new board..

its going to be this winter between work going to school full time and camping my summer is full up. but i will let you know

ramzyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I thought maybe i would chime in and let everyone know since i see alot of questions on it. The back seats do not sit reclined enough when using the 3rd gen brackets i could easily tell the difference between my 4th gen QC back seat and my 3rd gen QC back seat and its downright uncomfortable. So i temped the seats in by bolting the bottoms,removed all back bracketry (on the truck not the seats) and marked the 4th gen seat hinges as they sat against the body,i then drilled 1/2 holes around the area where the hook would sit and cut straight upward on the body, this allowed the seats to actually hook into the body and recline much further and they will not drop when folding up the bottom, it now feels exact to my 4th gen QC rear seating position. Hope this helps!

DomCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I thought maybe i would chime in and let everyone know since i see alot of questions on it. The back seats do not sit reclined enough when using the 3rd gen brackets i could easily tell the difference between my 4th gen QC back seat and my 3rd gen QC back seat and its downright uncomfortable. So i temped the seats in by bolting the bottoms,removed all back bracketry (on the truck not the seats) and marked the 4th gen seat hinges as they sat against the body,i then drilled 1/2 holes around the area where the hook would sit and cut straight upward on the body, this allowed the seats to actually hook into the body and recline much further and they will not drop when folding up the bottom, it now feels exact to my 4th gen QC rear seating position. Hope this helps!
Do you have any pictures?

ramzyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Do you have any pictures?

Sorry it was getting really late when i did the install on mine and i didnt really think about doing anything but just getting it done at that point, but it pretty easy when you bolt the seats down to the floor temporarily, then make sure you remove all the rear seat brackets from ths back, push the seats up to the rear body, look straight down from the back of the tops mark your hinge location then cut into the doubled section of body panels and create "slots" (i used my small electric milawalke cut off and die grinder) keep the plastic tabs intact on the 4th gen seat bracket ends then unbolt the bottoms and lift the seats up and slide the back brackets into the new back bracket slots youve made and bolt them down (ps. When cutting the lower seat brackets i cut the back section off for a more oem looking fit toward the front)

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4x4
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar

Can you elaborate on what switches/ecm you purchased to get the seat heaters working?

My seats in my 13 foam is packed out. I debated buying stock heated from a newer ram but am uncertain about getting the factory heaters to work even with a generic switch. Canbus and wiring will be a major pain in my ST.

DomCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can you elaborate on what switches/ecm you purchased to get the seat heaters working?

My seats in my 13 foam is packed out. I debated buying stock heated from a newer ram but am uncertain about getting the factory heaters to work even with a generic switch. Canbus and wiring will be a major pain in my ST.

I wanted the oem look so I ended up grabbing the stock 02-05 ram heated switch with Transfer case dial. The hit up the pick a part and took apart 3 2001 PT Cruiser with heated seats.. took Module from passenger seat along with switches and wiring harnesses.. then alter the harness to fit my ram. I'll dig up some pictures. I grabbed 3 modules for 1-rear heater seats, front heated and another for Vented front seats. Almost plug n play.

But for your 2013 you'll want to follow this thread..
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ho...-and-heated-wheel-to-express-tradesman.96759/

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4x4
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
I wanted the oem look so I ended up grabbing the stock 02-05 ram heated switch with Transfer case dial. The hit up the pick a part and took apart 3 2001 PT Cruiser with heated seats.. took Module from passenger seat along with switches and wiring harnesses.. then alter the harness to fit my ram. I'll dig up some pictures. I grabbed 3 modules for 1-rear heater seats, front heated and another for Vented front seats. Almost plug n play.

But for your 2013 you'll want to follow this thread..
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ho...-and-heated-wheel-to-express-tradesman.96759/

This is exactly what I don't want to do. I'm OK getting an aftermarket setup but if I can use factory pads and jimmy them to work it would be better.. plus alpha odb and all the wiring as I am not pre wired :(

dodgedriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
I am doing this swap right now. I am putting 2015 heated and vented seats in a 2003 ram 3500 slt. I am in the process of mapping the can bus so I can use an arduino and a min touch screen to run the heat and vent. my goal is to make the heat pads function with hi and low temp control

hello auwingrider, did you ever complete the swap of the 2015 heated and vented seats into your '03 slt? I want to make the same swap. First, I'm wondering do the '15 seats (front and rear crew cab) bolt /match-up to the '03 crew cab? If so, were you able to get the heat and venting wired up and working?