4th Gen Intake Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronGillis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 08 5.7 hemi and I have the opportunity to get an intake off of a 2016 hemi for cheap, would it be worth picking it up or no? Would there be any power gain and what all do I need to swap it over?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The intake manifolds for the 09+ Eagle cylinder heads is not a direct bolt-on for the 03-08 5.7 HEMI cylinder heads. You will need the intake manifold, 09+ fuel rails, the fuel line extension and a pair of intake spacers becuase the intake ports do not line up hence the installation of the spacers to correct the alignment of the ports.

There are several threads available in the LX forums about the Eagle intake manifold on the 03-08 motors.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you mean the intake manifold, you'd also need to EGR delete with a custom tune as eagle engines in Rams don't use EGR. The airbox and intake are also not bolt on (you didn't specify).