4th gen ram mods (new)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicksta98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hello all I know there’s 100s of posts on this but can anyone give me some tips to mod my truck I’ve got a brand new 4th gen (classic) 5.7l crew cab I’ve already done the ez tailgate mod and the front stone guard. I’d like to keep stock wheels they are the black night edition ones can anyone tell me the best suspension lift for the money I’ve been looking at the 5100s but not sure if I should do that or go with a 4inch lift
Also what’s the biggest tire I can fit on stock rims with a lift
I’m thinking 285/65/20 or 295/65/20

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
hello all I know there’s 100s of posts on this but can anyone give me some tips to mod my truck I’ve got a brand new 4th gen (classic) 5.7l crew cab I’ve already done the ez tailgate mod and the front stone guard. I’d like to keep stock wheels they are the black night edition ones can anyone tell me the best suspension lift for the money I’ve been looking at the 5100s but not sure if I should do that or go with a 4inch lift
Probly better off just running a 35x12.5r20 tire. A level will clear with little to no rubbing. They look nice with the wheel wells filled in my opinion.

Just an FYI the auto transfer case sucks So do some research on that if you have the 44-44 t case in your truck. The rear tires have to spin before the fronts will activate and when they stop spinning the fronts deactivate again. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats on the new RAM.

So to better help you with your suspension question, what is your intended use for the truck? Do you plan to off road? If so what type of off roading, slow speed crawling, higher speed stuff, etc...?

let us know if we can help. We offer just about everything and offer great pricing. We can set you up with anything from a level kit to a full on lift kit with coil overs and anything in between!

message me if you would like a quote on anything

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Best bang for the buck is Bilstein that will net you 2.8” of lift you’ll want to do upper control arms (UCA’s) if you want the most height. They can also be used with a Zone 4” lift. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with all the parts you need click on his name and select start a conversation you’ll get an additional forum member discount

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can anyone tell me the best suspension lift for the money

:dogpile: Tons of people can tell you the best lift for the money... of course we'll all have different answers and you won't be any closer to picking what you want to do :gr_grin:

From my own first hand experience the Mopar P5155797 has been a good value and left me with nothing to complain about these last 6 years. I've made a few adjustments to it to suit my particular taste but it was already effective, comfortable and reliable as delivered.

OP
OP
N

Nicksta98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don’t want to replace my uca’s at the moment, I’m thinking either the bils set at 2.1 or a 4inch lift I’m mainly going to be just driving on road but I like driving in real deep snow and mud sometimes looking to keep the truck for 10years minimum so I don’t want something that’s going to fall apart but also don’t have the money for a bds lift.
As far as other mods go anyone have some suggestions?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I don’t want to replace my uca’s at the moment, I’m thinking either the bils set at 2.1 or a 4inch lift I’m mainly going to be just driving on road but I like driving in real deep snow and mud sometimes looking to keep the truck for 10years minimum so I don’t want something that’s going to fall apart but also don’t have the money for a bds lift.
As far as other mods go anyone have some suggestions?
Best advice is to choose an end goal and save your money to get what you want. You’ve mentioned a lift so I would shoot for that. Skip over the 4” and go to the 6” you will get a better bang for the buck and can achieve the same ride heights with both. Keep in mind everything costs more the second time you do it.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to keep it super simple then a set of Eibach pro truck struts and shocks can be a very nice option. set the front for 2" and get her aligned. Then drive to your local tire shop and get a deal on a set of tires.

I've been using Americas Tires for years. They typically know what I can run for tires or wheels depending on what application and lift heigth I have. With a 2" front You can go with 275/65/20 size for a cost effective solution if you want to stay in the 2" level heigth.

Or you can run 35x12.5x20 but you may need spacers to run the size. If this was the case it'll be better for you in the long run to garage your factory wheels or sell them and use that money to buy an aftermarket set with a better offset. Less headaches down the road this way.

Now with 35's and a super simple 2" level front you have options for a little more lift adding UCA's, front springs, rear springs etc if you wanted Or you can chop some metal and go with any of the 4-6" bracket lifts.

Have fun.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best advice is to choose an end goal and save your money to get what you want. You’ve mentioned a lift so I would shoot for that. Skip over the 4” and go to the 6” you will get a better bang for the buck and can achieve the same ride heights with both. Keep in mind everything costs more the second time you do it.

I agree with this. I started off wanting just to level my truck and shop I went to advised me against it. Told me I would have problems in the long run. When shop told me how much a lift was (BDS) I said hell no and walked out. I waited 2 years and said I would do it right and get a 4in lift.

I walked into shop and said I wanted the 4in and the owner said to me the difference in price was not much and talked me into the 6in. I had it put on and have been happy ever since. I also plan on keeping my truck that's why I decided on BDS for the no fine print warranty, but I'm sure you would be happy with a Zone lift.

Good Luck

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with a good 4" or taller kit ( BDS ) . It will ride better and with 35s it will look better in my opinion. There are many more leveled and 35s around but the ones that stand out to me have actual lift kits with at least 35's. To me a 4x4 should be noticeably taller than the "average" 2wd.

Darksider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with a good 4" or taller kit ( BDS ) . It will ride better and with 35s it will look better in my opinion. There are many more leveled and 35s around but the ones that stand out to me have actual lift kits with at least 35's. To me a 4x4 should be noticeably taller than the "average" 2wd.
I personally went with the rough country 6” lift with the variable rate rear coils, and a set of nice 20s with 35” meats on it. Looks good IMO. And mind you I added the APOC rear adjustable control arms to allow me to slap in a set of air lift 5ks for additional ride height and mostly for the towing(I tow a 8k weighted trailer around and often am using the bed to haul dirt rock and other goods around. Still considering what to do next since here in ca there’s so many rules and do nots. I have headers in mine, a cold air intake, and a 85mm tb.

Attachments

• 9E645B99-278C-4CF5-B2F3-B7ED5384EA3F.jpeg
    9E645B99-278C-4CF5-B2F3-B7ED5384EA3F.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 15
  • BA22DE96-D2B2-4408-8E12-E31D90B7FA4D.jpeg
    BA22DE96-D2B2-4408-8E12-E31D90B7FA4D.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 15