4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jalynsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Has anyone installed an aftermarket remote start for a 2019 1500 Classic? My 2015 Ram has an aftermarket remote start from 12 Volt Solutions, but I am looking for a system for my wifes truck for Christmas. I have found a few different options online, but was wondering if anyone here has actually installed a system on a 2019 classic. I wouldn't think that it would be any different from a 2018 but you never know. Thanks for the help!

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Hi, guys, im new here, is this plug and play? I have an 09 ram 1500 3.7. I have a key qith no buttons, this comes with a remote control?
No it uses the factory remote

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So figured id do a little write up on how to put in a remote start on any 4th gen ram for under $100, well im not sure about the diesels, it might be different?

So for all this you will need:
Xbpresskit Combo DBALL
CHTHD1 T-Harness
You can get it flashed for your correct model, sending them an email with your model and desired application, and they will flash it.
Screwdriver
10 minutes of your time

STEP 1:
Take off the knee pad underneath the steering wheel, theres 2 screws on the bottom
View attachment 295325
after taking those out, just pull up and it will pop off, set that on the floor.

Whew, hard parts over, lotsa work.

Step 2: look at key insert and you will see that there is one plug in on the back of it. you can unplug it by depressing the top clip and pulling
You will then need to take the CHTHD1 harness, plug the male plug you just pulled out, into the female connector on it, and plug the male from the CHTHD1 harness into the key insert box. then plug the Red male connector into the DBALL xpress box.

Step 3: the DBALL xpress box will be RED, plug your keyfob into the key slot, turn it to ON, it will flash green, take it out and it will turn solid green. It is now programmed.

Press lock 3 times, and your truck will start! press it 3 more times and it will turn off.

Put your kneeboard back on put in the screws, and your good to go.

Hopefully this was helpful, maybe a few people will get some use out of it!
Where did you get this remote start? Do you have a link?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio