4wd rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i am lowered 2” in the rear with my 4wd CC. I have core 4x4 control arms on the way.

Looking to replace the rear shocks with a good street/strip shock.

Does qa1 make a bolt on shock that will fit or should I go with the Rancho 9000 adjustable?

Would like an adjustable shock so I can change settings for street and drag strip.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had both QA1 and Rancho RS9000’s on my 2/4 lowered truck
The big difference between the two is that the QA1’s are much more responsive- once you’ve nailed down your settings- the handling is unreal
The Rancho’s reminding me of a firmer version of the Belltech SP’s, they are slow to respond but really smooth out the bumps, a much more comfortable ride than the QA1’s
My big problem with the QA1’s is their intolerance to the cold
They became almost rock hard as the temperature dropped, eventually puking on my driveway this winter.
Both at the same time
The QA1’s may be easier to adapt to your 2” drop, the parts have more interchangeability
Measure the distance between the center of the shock mount bolts to confirm what shocks are going to work
I did a very slight bushing/ sleeve modification to my Rancho’s to make them work and am pleased, just not as much performance as the QA1’s