5/7 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I am considering giving it a try.. :). Just not sure what "Hardened Rubber Bushings" means - I would think they would have urethane bushings?

Freedom Offroad is listed as a "Auto Parts Manufacturer" in NC, but I think they source a lot from China. Their UCA's get decent reviews on the Tacoma and F150 sites as a good budget option.

I've emailed Freedom a few questions - doesn't appear to have grease fittings (might just be pic) and also asked about the bushings, as well as OD. We'll see what they say, but I likely will go with it depending on the response, or the Sponn version. For my uses I don't really need the all out CORE series imo. Towing a bass boat and light trail use at most, really. Just want to center up the axle after installing ICON 1.5" lift springs. In reality it's a minor amount, but every time I look at it it bugs me. OCD-much I guess lol.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So these adjustable panhard bars say they are good for lifts 0-4 inches. Does that matter if you lowering? If people are 5 inches or more lowered would these 0-4 inch ones for lift work? I'm a bit lost.

I would image so, since the 2wd bar goes opposite direction than the 4x4, the adjustment would work for lifting 4x4 or lowering 4x2. But, best to check with the manf. to make sure.

OP
OP
JavierMar7

JavierMar7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was wondering why my left rear tucks more than my right rear anyone know the issue?11a6a62bdb48ff5ac24f5f302c0bde90.jpg0dd66ffc66ad4332c8d09df8a759447c.jpg

979dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much gas is in tank? Haven’t lowered mine yet, but that could be it. Just a start. I would call Inez just to make sure. Looks good though.

OP
OP
JavierMar7

JavierMar7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much gas is in tank? Haven’t lowered mine yet, but that could be it. Just a start. I would call Inez just to make sure. Looks good though.

About half tank , but I think the best is to ask thanks for the idea

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check with Matt at Moe's Performance. I bet he can answer your question.
Jay

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've emailed Freedom a few questions - doesn't appear to have grease fittings (might just be pic) and also asked about the bushings, as well as OD. We'll see what they say, but I likely will go with it depending on the response, or the Sponn version. For my uses I don't really need the all out CORE series imo. Towing a bass boat and light trail use at most, really. Just want to center up the axle after installing ICON 1.5" lift springs. In reality it's a minor amount, but every time I look at it it bugs me. OCD-much I guess lol.

So, got a response from FO - the Freedom Offroad version uses rubber bushings, no grease fitting (which makes sense, no need for rubber) and clears stock diff but probably not deeper aftermarket diff. So it's essentially an aesthetically similar knock off of the CORE, but with standard oem style components.

Probably fine for most uses, same as the Sponn and the BWoody. I think I will go with the Sponn still, support a Forum Vendor and and have the grease-able bushings.

Even CustomBlackGunz can't find anything really bad to say about the Sponn bar (unlike the Sponn Control arms, which he really, really didn't like lol) other than to say it's not as good as the CORE, which at 1/3 of the price no one could expect it to be.

Last edited:

miles1870

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for those of you using the Inez 4/6-5/7 kit that they sell, have any of you had a problem with the rear riding real rough?

I am still riding on the stock wheels and tires which are 275 60 20 on a 4/6 drop

Some ideas would be appreciated

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So for those of you using the Inez 4/6-5/7 kit that they sell, have any of you had a problem with the rear riding real rough?

I am still riding on the stock wheels and tires which are 275 60 20 on a 4/6 drop

Crawl underneath the truck and start eye balling up the rear end real close,anything that doesn't have enough clearance between the rear suspension and diff is going to have to be modified to create more clearance.I'm guessing you've cut off the original bumpstops already.You have to be a bit realistic,you can't drop something 6" and still expect it to ride like a Cadillac with-out modifying components for clearance. Put the truck up on ramps both front and rear,and have a couple big buddies get in the box and bounce up and down,while you're underneath it,looking for where you don't have enough clearance,then figure out what you need to do to get more clearance between frame and suspension components.

miles1870

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crawl underneath the truck and start eye balling up the rear end real close,anything that doesn't have enough clearance between the rear suspension and diff is going to have to be modified to create more clearance.I'm guessing you've cut off the original bumpstops already.You have to be a bit realistic,you can't drop something 6" and still expect it to ride like a Cadillac with-out modifying components for clearance. Put the truck up on ramps both front and rear,and have a couple big buddies get in the box and bounce up and down,while you're underneath it,looking for where you don't have enough clearance,then figure out what you need to do to get more clearance between frame and suspension components.

I called Inez and they said put the shocks on upside down. Have you ever heard of doing that? I ask because it feels like the shocks they provide in their kit are too short.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I called Inez and they said put the shocks on upside down. Have you ever heard of doing that? I ask because it feels like the shocks they provide in their kit are too short.

Try it,you got nothing to lose at this point in time. I can't comment on their shocks,as you couldn't give me a truck that's lowered that much,mines on a 2/4 drop which suits me perfectly fine,i like to drive my toys and that sometimes entails some wide open high speed runs in Mexico of course,lol
Jack the rear of the truck up in the air,support the frame on jackstands,then drop the floor jack,and see how much travel the shocks give you,if the springs are loose in the spring perches the shocks are to long,if you only have an 1" of shock travel before they're topped out,they're probably a bit short,and you might want to try and find a slightly longer travel shock

OP
OP
JavierMar7

JavierMar7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I was having trouble with my 5/7 for a whole year turns out the guy who installed it didn’t fully remove the axle mounts I wasn’t getting clearance would bottom out like hell got them removed and can say I’m enjoying the 5/7 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed my 5/7 kit. Is it me or did my turning radius get worse. Feel I lost alot.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just installed my 5/7 kit. Is it me or did my turning radius get worse. Feel I lost alot.

It's not you,lots of guys have ******* about losing turning radius after installing Inez's kit.You'll have to learn to compensate for it.

rmtz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Grind steering stops until it's flush on the spindles and the turning will go back to normal. Big difference.

Screenshot_20210303-190114_YouTube.jpg

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Grind steering stops until it's flush on the spindles and the turning will go back to normal. Big difference.

View attachment 239908

I tried this. Was only able to grind about 1/8 before the rim hits my hellwig swaybar.

I've learned to deal with it at this point. I just park far away now or I go around the block to make a u turn instead

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963