5.7 hemi new lifters still ticking need ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicko368

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys taking engines apart and not deleting MDS ? what's wrong with you... lol...
Well mine is a 2015... With the locked PCM.... which means I have to do the PCM swap along with buying the programmer ($900 PLUS $590 for the non-mds cam and MDS delete kit) vs. $60 for head gaskets and lifters that I get at a discount from my buddy that works at a dealership.... so.. that's why I didn't delete. The breakdown and build was just time for me but Chrysler is really letting me down with this bs... if it didn't have it's decent power, I really wouldn't be wasting my time.. but even now, I may be reconsidering.

Last edited:

Moosewhisperer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi MDS deleted, non Mds cam shaft, Hell cat oil pump, Hell cat lifters, DiabloSport I3 Tuner
I’m having these exact symptoms with my 2014 5.7 Hemi 1500 sport. Did the MDS delete installed new non mds cam, hell cat lifters, hell cat oil pump and diablo I3 tuner. Truck originally had a bad lifter tick on pass side. After completing the work the tick did quiet down a bit on the pass side, but now I also have a slight tick on the drivers side too. Checked the exhaust on both sides and everything seems to be good. I’m tired of chasing ticks on this thing, but I can’t even get it to run quiet enough long enough to sell it! I’m trying the Redline 5W20 oil with RP filter only 100 miles on it currently and no change yet. I couldn’t get 5W30 it was either 5W20 or a straight SAE 30W race formula that is said to be equivalent to a 10W30 weight. Would I be safe to run a 10w30 weight seeing as my mds is deleted?

Ihatemyram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m having these exact symptoms with my 2014 5.7 Hemi 1500 sport. Did the MDS delete installed new non mds cam, hell cat lifters, hell cat oil pump and diablo I3 tuner. Truck originally had a bad lifter tick on pass side. After completing the work the tick did quiet down a bit on the pass side, but now I also have a slight tick on the drivers side too. Checked the exhaust on both sides and everything seems to be good. I’m tired of chasing ticks on this thing, but I can’t even get it to run quiet enough long enough to sell it! I’m trying the Redline 5W20 oil with RP filter only 100 miles on it currently and no change yet. I couldn’t get 5W30 it was either 5W20 or a straight SAE 30W race formula that is said to be equivalent to a 10W30 weight. Would I be safe to run a 10w30 weight seeing as my mds is deleted?
Did you (or anyone else for that matter) resolve your issue? I just did a lifter and cam replacement on my 2012 Ram 1500 5.7 and I did the MDS delete, hellcat oil pump, new headers and header bolts and all of that jazz. Still hearing a light ticking from the drivers side. I’m currently running 5W-20 full synthetic Mobil-1 oil. I’m definitely tired of hearing this thing tick after all of the work.