5,7 Hemi towing experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Armstrong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram Big Horn equipped with 5.7 Hemi - 8 speed transmission- 3.92 rear axle ratio - factory towing package.
I tow a 7000 pound travel trailer to the NC mountains several times a year. The towing capability is very comfortable in cruise control and control trailer towing mode set.
My towing fuel mileage is consistently around 10 mpg. My non-towing highway fuel mileage is around 21 mph at posted speeds. My in-town fuel milage is around 18 mpg at posted speeds.
I am very satisfied with the performance of my gasoline powered Ram.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the same set up in a Tradesman....love the truck. Seeing the same kind of mileage as you when not towing. We will tow a small trailer about 3500 lbs.....I expect a little better mileage but...to date....haven't towed the trailer. our truck is a crew cab….4x4....great riding...very smooth.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram Big Horn equipped with 5.7 Hemi - 8 speed transmission- 3.92 rear axle ratio - factory towing package.
I tow a 7000 pound travel trailer to the NC mountains several times a year. The towing capability is very comfortable in cruise control and control trailer towing mode set.
My towing fuel mileage is consistently around 10 mpg. My non-towing highway fuel mileage is around 21 mph at posted speeds. My in-town fuel milage is around 18 mpg at posted speeds.
I am very satisfied with the performance of my gasoline powered Ram.

Our 19 Laramie is equipped the same. We are upgrading our travel trailer and should be about the same weight. So 10 mpg is not bad running up and down hills. Glad to hear.

We got 20.5 on an interstate trip going 70. Around town 17. So pretty close. Of course this is what the truck computer thinks lol.

Have to check with real math and wait until truck is broken in. Only 1400 miles.

Have fun!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I tow our 6000# travel trailer with my "19 laramie and I get 8.5-10 at 68-69 mph depending on the terrain..it gets up to speed quickly and the brakes are great...altho our trailer has 4 wheel brakes...I'm sure we would have plenty of stopping power with 2 wheel brakes. I have a WDH and I use tow/haul mode.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I use a Husky centerline..but I will have to check to see exactly what model but as I remember it was only around 400$.