5.7 Swap into D150 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delfinomuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
Hey wasup, that’s badass what you did. I plan on doing the same and have lots of questions

Tyrone Hensley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slant 6
i have a5.7 ram 1500 . 134000 actual miles. want to put in 1987 d100 slant 6. is it a gen 3.

jonesc2550

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 v6
Hi,
I was thinking about putting a 5.7 magnum with eagle heads in my 1990 dodge d150. I have the stock motor and transmission I believe in the truck now. I recently bought the truck and found out it has a blown head gasket. What did you have to change to make yours happen? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is a really cool build! Does the OP still have it?

Garciathomas81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a wiring harness from hotwireauto.com specifically made for putting a 5.7 in an old Mopar vehicle. Obviously none of the lighting and horn wiring etc was affected by this, but pretty much everything else was replaced. It came in a fully labeled bundle of wires which made it (sort of) easy to just plug in. I used a flexplate/flywheel made by Mopar performance I believe, it's specifically made for coupling the 727 with the 5.7 engine. Using the original accelerator pedal yes.... but not the original throttle linkage. The cable still leads from the pedal up to the engine bay, but then I bought a bell crank assembly (found only on 03 rams) that basially converts the mechanical workings of the throttle pedal and cable to a computer controlled throttle. The bell crank assembly is essentially the bridge between a mechanic input, but a computerized output.

I was the mechanic's "parts hunter" and researcher, so I figured *most of this out on my own and online. Then he made it happen using his knowledge of installation etc.
Hi did you use attach 03 Bellcrank throttle cable to orginal pedal if so how did you mount to firewall

jreyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
quick question. im doing the same build. i have a 1989 dodd150. and 2014 5.7 hemi swap and keeping my 727.
what torque converter did you use???

jreyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im doing the same truck with the same swap.....having trouble with mounting the 727 transmission to the hemi. the torque converter does not fit behind crankshaft.
did u use another torque converter??

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Maybe some info here. ..