5th Gen 2019-21 12" UAX Owners Radio Reboot Issues/info here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can say with certainty that this problem has NOT been fixed yet.. my truck is still in the shop with new radio unit, new modules, new harness and so many software updates.. star center, area reps, and many dealers, Lawyers etc

Update: after many phone conversations star has determined that my phone may be the issue as it has updated to the latest version of software and they aren't showing it to be compatible. Switched phones (android to apple) and now the apple isn't compatible because the software is too new? what the heck???

Last edited:

chewman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Friends, I got my hands on this Star Bulletin. I bought a new 23 RAM 2500 Big Horn Diesel, on Oct. 30th. I brought the truck back in to get the radio looked at, in early November. I've had this issue since day 1. Radio reboots 5-10 times on a 10 mile trip. Soft reset / hard reset does not resolve for any length of time. I can't wait to drive it on a 400 mile trip next month. (Notice that the issue was acknowledged in August and they sold me the vehicle in October. Grrr) I've been in contact with both Ram Customer Care (or lack thereof) and my dealership. The fix was supposed to come out between Oct-Dec. They currently don't have a date range when it's coming out. NICE!

Attachments

• StarBulletin.jpg
    StarBulletin.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 5