5TH Gen Alfa OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I need to calibrate my speedometer to the new tires i got. OEM's were 275/55 - 20 . I got rid of the crappy Bridgestones and replaced them with Hankook Dynapro AT that are 60's not 55's.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
If all you changed was the width of the tire, you don't need to do anything.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Thanks, Quietpeen. You got there before I did...but I still don't have an answer! ☹️

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Guys Couple quick ALPHA OBD question. I just upgraded to a 5th gen 1500 Laramie from a 2019 Classic Big Horn. I have the security bypass module from my classic, Is it the same one for the newer trucks? I would like to make my fog lights stay on with the high beams with ALPHA OBD like I did on my old truck

brian42

Military
Reaction score
There seems to be a split between yes or no.

Some say they work on any model:

https://infotainment.com/shop/interior-accessories/obd-genie-programmers/c-modbyp/ (this is the one I have but I've only used it on 5th gens)

Some they don't:

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram-accessories/ (4th gen)

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw/ (5th gen)

Have you called tried the one you have or called the company to see if it's compatible?

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info! I haven't tried it yet, I am going to plug the security bypass I have into the truck this weekend and see if ALPHA OBD will work. I have the KaodTech one

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
If all you changed was the width of the tire, you don't need to do anything.
The 55 and 60 pertain to the height of the tire ..in percentage of of the width. 55 is 55% as high as the tire is wide.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Does anyone know if the AlfaOBD will work with the Zurich 15s from Harbor Freight?

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to let everyone know... I emailed KaedTech about the 4th gen security bypass module I had but never received a response. I tried to follow the instructions for 5th gen but could not find what I needed to hook it up. I ended up buying this on amazon..

Exctool 12+8 Pin Connector to OBD2

Very easy to hook up to the truck, connected very quick to my OBD Link MX and I was able to turn the footlight drop-off off (so Fog lights stay on with high beams) and also turn off seatbelt chime warning for when I'm driving slow around the campgrounds

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know... I emailed KaedTech about the 4th gen security bypass module I had but never received a response. I tried to follow the instructions for 5th gen but could not find what I needed to hook it up. I ended up buying this on amazon..

Exctool 12+8 Pin Connector to OBD2

Very easy to hook up to the truck, connected very quick to my OBD Link MX and I was able to turn the footlight drop-off off (so Fog lights stay on with high beams) and also turn off seatbelt chime warning for when I'm driving slow around the campgrounds
You can also disable the seatbelt chime without AlfaOBD also:

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did not know that trick, That is a super simple way to disable it also. I like it!!!

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@brian42 Apparently when I thought I disabled the seatbelt chime it did not go through.. So instead of hooking the cable and AlphaOBD I simply did this and all is good now so thank you again for sharing that video :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452