5TH Gen Alfa OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AlfaOBD can’t do the mileage correction on the 5th gen clusters yet. If I were you, I would find a cluster from a junk yard, and contact Alexey (the developer of AlfaOBD) and see if he can get the mileage correction working. The way he finally did it for the 4th gen premium clusters was, he had a member here send the cluster to his partner in Texas so they could get it figured out. You’re about the only one I’ve seen inquire about the 5th gen cluster swap, and it’d help out others in the future if you get one and try to have the developer get it to work.
Alexey a member on the forum?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Scott Nielsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone since been able to successfully connect the alpha OBD to the 5th gen? I am looking to adjust my air suspension ride height parameters. Thanks guys!

chucko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to do some upgrades to my 2020 2500 tradesman, anything new, how did everything go and what did you actually get to work properly?

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Connections look the same .
Will my bypass for the 1500 4th gen work on the 1500 5th gen?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Sloverado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking at ordering everything to use this on my 2020. I have always used apple products so I have no android anything. If someone can lead me to what works the best and everything I need to order to make it work. Thanks in advance

Projekt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
doesnt the MX+ work with iphone?

I just used a windows-based laptop for my AlfaOBD

S Peters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a question about AlfaOBD.
I went through the steps to change my TPMS threshold. On the step to reset the RF HUB and enter my pin it failed. I backed out of Alfa, turned off the ignition, let the truck sit for a moment, and when I started my truck the threshold was set to my new value.....no more error light. Just curious if anyone else has experienced a pin failure?

Jeff Werner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey group I have enabled Global Windows Down through AlphaOBD on my 2020 Rebel but it doesn't work. Does anyone have any wisdom on this?
Thanks in advance

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Even though that option is listed in the BCM it will not work on the 5th gens.

No idea if it ever will.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
So tempted to do this on my 4th gen. Im just worried about hitting the key fob button and rolling all my windows down during a blizzard or thunderstorm. haha

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I also have an iPhone and no Android products.

Like Projekt I use my Windows laptop for AlfaOBD.

I have the Infotainment Security Gateway Bypass: https://www.infotainment.com/products/fca-security-gateway-module-bypass

I have two OBD-II connections:

- OBDLink SX (USB-A to OBD-II connection): https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBD...d=1&keywords=obdlink+sx&qid=1619532788&sr=8-1

- OBDLink LX (bluetooth OBD-II connection): https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBD...d=1&keywords=obdlink+lx&qid=1619533919&sr=8-2

If your laptop doesn't have bluetooth then the SX is the way to go. If you laptop has bluetooth then either will work. The SX is plug-and-play so is super easy to use but you are limited by cord length so you the laptop will have to be in the cab. You have to set up the LX but then you can have the laptop outside the cab which makes it more convenient.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So tempted to do this on my 4th gen. Im just worried about hitting the key fob button and rolling all my windows down during a blizzard or thunderstorm. haha

I wouldn't worry about that...I enabled this in my 2017 and it usually took me 2-3 tries to get them to go down when I was trying. You have to time it out just right and then make sure you hold the button down firmly to get them to go down all the way. At least that is how mine is, and was the same on my 2011 that had that feature from the factory. So I say go for it if you want the feature.

Brian Lee

US Air Foirce Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn. I tried to set my DRL's to turn signal's but the switchback LED's I have installed caused a failure message from the front turn signals with that configuration. I wanted to switch from DRL's set to low beam because I work on a military base and have turn to off lights when I go through gate in the early AM but the low bean headlights stay on, full brightness, so it kinda defeats the purpose of dimming your lights. Is there any settings that would dim full brightness on the headlights or another configuration that would work better?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Park all your 5th Gen Alfa OBD questions here.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've done this on my 4th gen. Keep fob in pocket and never had windows go down on accident. Also this just does the front windows.

Mandolorian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8
The engine hours on my cluster are all screwed up and keep Messing up. Does anybody have any experience with this, and does the alfaOBD work on a 2020 ram to correct the engine hours?
Tia

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I posted a solution but it was deleted by the Forum Nazis. Check out 5thGenRams for a solution as they let me post it there - knowing I’m simply including a website which you can review for yourself until AlfaOBD distributes an update.

Will never log into, support site vendors or post again. Better forums are out there for the exchange of solutions to Ram owners problems.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then, I'll ask my question here too. lol

I thought I had made a log before I started making changes but I guess not. So I'm kind of stuck.
I was playing around with some of the settings on my PC with Alpha. Specifically trying out different splash screens. Now I'm looking for Laramie's proper settings. It seems to work like this but it doesn't make sense like this.

VehConfig 1:
  • Vehicle Line - DT - Ram 1500
  • Special Package - PREMIUM (DEFAULT) OR SXT OR R/T OR LARAMIE
VehConfig 2:
  • Special Package - PREMIUM (DEFAULT) OR SXT OR R/T OR LARAMIE
VehConfig 3:
  • Vehicle is a SRT - No
  • Chassis Type - 36
  • Vehicle Brand - Ram
VehConfig 7:
  • Special Package - Type 3 Luxury

I would think that it would be:

Special Package - DT BASE/SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE
Special Package - DT BASE/SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE
Special Package - Type 3 Luxury

However when I tried this all I get is the 1500 splash screen. I even went as far as changing the Type 3 Luxury to all the different variations. Type 1 Base / Type 2 Sport / Type 3 Luxury / Type 4 / Type 5 / Type 6 / Type 7
Still only get the 1500 splash screen.

Any thoughts or can someone verify?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to activate the LED bed lights after I installed the kit.

CBC Config I/0
  • Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin G16: -> Yes
  • Connector F Pin 6: Baggage Compartment Lamps Output Present -> Yes
2014 CBC Config I/0 & FEAT.:
  • Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5: -> Yes

Hopefully That's new information and will help someone.

So they come on with the door open, or you can push the button at any time and they will come on. Even works well with the Decked drawer system as the LED's in the lights are designed to shine over the top of the drawers.