5th Gen DIY window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GChandler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My new Ram 1500 has less than 2000 miles now. I have installed a hard tonneau cover that came out great and OEM window vents with Ram head and also came out great. My first mod is usually window tint and I’ve done 7 or 8 myself. I’m having trouble with this one because the bottom inside gasket is so tight. Anyone have experience with this? I started to take the inner door panel off but it didn’t budge after removing the three bolts I thought would release it so I put it back together not wanting to get in too deep. Any suggestions?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Yes, take it to a tint shop. :)

You don't want to get water in the door modules on the Ram trucks, and it's very easy to do just that.
Have a great day. :)

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
The tint shop I always use takes the glass right out of vehicle. Gives a much better finish, cures properly and no water in door! I think very reasonable price too. 35% ceramic just had done. Minneapolis area, by the way. 3rd vehicle they have done for me, no issues, no rattles or broken door clips. Flawless work. Only down side, 4 hour job!

sholtz21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tint shop I always use takes the glass right out of vehicle. Gives a much better finish, cures properly and no water in door! I think very reasonable price too. 35% ceramic just had done. Minneapolis area, by the way. 3rd vehicle they have done for me, no issues, no rattles or broken door clips. Flawless work. Only down side, 4 hour job!
Just curious, which shop did you take it to? I'm around the mpls area as well. Tintworks just did mine.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I went to a company in the Burnsville area, on Hwy 13, almost Savage really. Funnily enough, they are TM auto sports which I believe stands for Tint Masters! Very very good. I now live in Bayfield WI and made a point to use them to do mine on a planned weekend to see my son at college in St Paul. Combined the two