5th gen features worth the upgrade from 4th gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just traded a loaded Gen4 longhorn CTD, for a 2022 Gen5 longhorn CTD. The main and only reason I did decided to trade is I downsized from a 3500 dually to a 2500. We also bought a new 2021 pacifica for my wife last fall.... with the safety equipment on it too. And after 6 months of driving the van, we hate the safety features, to the point they are all turned off now. The adaptive cruise will slam on the brakes if a anything cuts in front of you to the point its dangerous. And then if the obstruction clears, it floors the gas to get back up to speed, its a neck snapper.

Since my truck is a diesel the new generation cummins is super quiet as compared to my Gen4, but big deal. If your doing a diesel again, be aware that the new cummins requires synthetic 5-40 oil that is a lot more expensive than the 15w-40 dyno oil in the Gen4 engines. My oil changes at the dealer used to be $80, now they are $155. Plus the fuel filters on this Gen5 truck are different too.
The Uconnect series 5 radios are pretty intense with all the features. The surround view camera's are very handy, as was the cross traffic alert but was it worth the additional dollars? I guess that would be up to the individual.
My new 2500 has the safety equipment group on it as well. Not all that impressed with the lane keep sense, it most times is un-able to determine the road edges up here in my local easily, and it jerks the steering wheel all the time.
We have some of the same safety items in my wife's Toyota Highlander that is why I bought my truck without the extra goodies, I too hate how it tries to keep you centered in your lane or it can't find the edge of the road then fights with you to control the steering wheel, I also hate adaptive cruise to me some of that is dangerous...