5th gen Premium Lighting Group (LED).. do yourself a favor and splurge for it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is just a PSA for those of you shopping for a 5th gen Ram.. 2019 and beyond.

If they offer the premium lighting option... which gives you factory LED headlights, fogs, and taillights.. Get it! It is well worth the extra $$$. These trucks light up the road better than anything I’ve ever seen. Especially in the rain, or on dark country roads... when you have Both the headlights and fogs on, the illumination is unbelievable!

I believe the premium lighting option starts with the Bighorn and becomes standard on the Laramies and up from there. The Longhorns have their own special LED lights.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I believe the insurance review guys (forget the acronym...) gave only the RAM truck full highest mark on lights due to these LEDs. Yes, worth every penny.

Lil' Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Debated this when ordering mine...glad I went with the LED's.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I definitely concur with this. I love my LED's!!

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any clue on how to upgrade after? Just got a 20 bighorn and everybighorn had the standard light but all the other upgrades I wanted. I nneeeeeeddd to upgrade somehow

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

jmd1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7L
I was looking forward to get this in my 2022 build. Come to find out, it's not an option anymore.

CuckT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That's odd. It was available when I ordered my BH 4X4 crew cab ecodiesel on 1/5 and has been manufactured that way.

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did not get them with my 22. And I need to upgrade. Driving in the dark, in a snowstorm on the blacktop this morning was brutal. Visibility was awful. A coworker ordered a 22 big horn crew and also said the only thing he couldn’t order was the LED lighting.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I was looking forward to get this in my 2022 build. Come to find out, it's not an option anymore.

It appears to be available on the highest trim levels only. The Limited Longhorn and Limited both have LEDs standard. I don't care about the vast majority of new tech in vehicles, but headlights is one I definitely care about.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It appears to be available on the highest trim levels only. The Limited Longhorn and Limited both have LEDs standard. I don't care about the vast majority of new tech in vehicles, but headlights is one I definitely care about.
Too bad they removed the option for the Big Horn. It's a great upgrade. FYI LED reflectors are standard on the Laramie. There is an option to downgrade to halogen, but standard is LED. Rebels also get the LED reflectors as standard. And then of course, the TRX has the same LED projectors as the Limited and Longhorn models. And I agree, lighting for me is way up on my list, and is a big reason I went with a Limited.

Old Sarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you know if you have LEDs or not w/o pulling the bulb? I have a 2020 Rebel and can't find it on the sticker or build sheet.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've had my 2022 Longhorn for nearly a month but I have yet driven it at night. Something to look forward to.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How do you know if you have LEDs or not w/o pulling the bulb? I have a 2020 Rebel and can't find it on the sticker or build sheet.

These are the LED's:
TegE9vYmjXFE_E65SAq6wQZx-a_2PXfBaZssiyMj4mDVQQhiyu.png

These are the standard halogens:
image-1.jpg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's easy with the 5th gen Rebel. They all have LED reflectors to date. Not to mention you can't pull the bulb on the LED headlights.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rebel headlights don't look like either of those.

Post a picture of your truck and we can confirm exactly what they have. As others have mentioned though it should have the led headlights shown by other posters, unless they were swapped out for something aftermarket.