5th Gen Transmission DEAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gabemtz83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Here is a detailed summary of what happened(SO FAR)
Customer Care,
I don't even know where to begin, but I feel it's necessary to vent my frustrations with this whole situation. On Tuesday, December 6th, I was called and told my truck was finally ready for pickup as the new transmission was installed and tested. I dropped my truck off in August (thought it was a pulley or something and never expected to be a long term thing) and wasn't provided a loaner or rental car at the time so I struggled to get to work and pick up kids from school etc. At this point in the transaction i Felt bad for the dealership, they said they were running into roadblocks with FCA to get the transmission approved for replacement under factory warranty (took a month!!). Also in September, my wife needed some paperwork that was in my truck for the kids' school so she stopped by and noticed my truck was completely infested with ants and completely filthy. She was very upset. We were told they would take care of it, etc.I began to plead with the Dealership for help with transportation, to no avail, and was told "we can't give you a loaner vehicle for THAT long" but they definitely expected me to figure it out. In early October I needed a media player and my Mac-Mini that I keep in my truck for work UNDER the backseat, to my surprise my mac mini was GONE. I lost my cool at the dealership and talked to the manager and was told "nothing like this ever happens." blah blah blah. At this point I'm over the whole situation. They literally have no accountability and shrug everything off. I cant believe a dealership can treat a client like this. So now I was literally forced to go buy another car so I can keep my business open. (SO glad I went with a Mercedes, the dealership has been nothing short of AMAZING). I was originally given an October date for my truck to be done and now I was told no ETA. To add salt to the wound, my case manager offered me a rental TWO WEEKS AFTER I bought a new car!!! I could have saved a TON of money and frustration!! I also find it funny they offered me to trade in my RAM for a GMC at their dealership (in the same parking lot). He let me know they are 'ONLY" asking $10,000 over MSRP but willing to work with me!! LMAO!!!! WOW! They would also give me "repaired value on my Ram. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! What a tacky sales pitch. Fast forward to December 6th, I had UBER pick me up at my house and went to the dealership. They had my vehicle out front and immediately noticed a huge dent on the backside of my truck. I was FURIOUS!! I immediately asked for a supervisor and we both walked over to my truck. He had the audacity to say "how do we know this wasn't here when you dropped it off?" At that point I had to gather myself, cause it was about to get real ugly. I told him, "you took pictures of it when it was dropped off, AND I have a walk around video I took when I dropped it off!!! NOW he was willing to have it fixed! I literally had to get the courtesy shuttle back to my house. Again wasted money (UBER) but more importantly, MY TIME.On 12/09 I called and asked for status and they said my truck was done and now I can finally pick it up. This morning, 12/10 Im on my way to work and following my normal routine I pressed the window shade button to open my sunshade on my panoramic sunroof. All the buttons are dead!! I mean come on!! EVERYTHING on my truck worked perfectly and was in great condition when I dropped it off. Now I have a dent repaired Truck and broken sunroof. I literally have no words. I don't even know if i should give them an opportunity to fix or just go somewhere else. I'm going to post this on every internet forum, social media site I can. I'm going to file a complaint with the Florida Highway Safetyand Motor Vehicles and I'm definitely going to call the Better Business Bureau. I want everyone to know to avoid purchasing Ram products and especially avoid Ferman dealerships at all costs!!!

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No where in the fine print does it say, will be provided a loaner vehicle. If you purchased a Mopar extended warranty it states you will be provided a rental for repairs taking more than 24hours.

I don’t see the problem. They fixed the vehicle and met the agreement.

If other brands appear to be providing better service, find another dealership or buy a Hyundai.

$66k isn’t that much these days.

Texasmudbug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 l
I've been without my 2019 Laramie Sport for 7 weeks. The transmission died at just over 50k miles. The dealership said corporate had them jumping through hoops to get approval for warranty swap under powertrain warranty. I literally use my truck as a car, don't even tow! My biggest issue is they won't give me a loaner or rental until the part is received. They are estimating end of November! 4 months with a vehicle is ridiculous! Has any one ever experienced anything like this? My case manager isn't helping and I'm basically stuck. I've owned over 30 new vehicles and have never been treated so bad. I just bought an AV company and about to buy 12 vehicles. Please tell me this is a fluke and Chrysler Corp doesn't usually treat customers this poorly. This truck was almost 66k for heavens sake!
My truck has been at dealership for 9 months waiting on transmission part. Under warranty. No rental.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first thing I noticed with my new 2013 RAM was I didn't have any issues with the truck, yes, I did have a few service department visits for software reflashing but that was it. My 2015 3500 has also been trouble-free outside of a few recalls. My 2022, now 9 months old has been issue free
@BossHogg, please update your signature!!!

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is only ONE WAY to end RAM's lack there of, concerning violating contractual warranty agreements. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!..........(Until we prove we as the buyers are serious, they will continue to blow us off!)