6” rough country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9ace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s up everyone I have a question. I want to buy the Rough Country 6” lift for my 2019 Ram Laramie without air ride. Should I upgrade the control arm to the forged upper control arm they offer?

Attachments

• C3A350B7-F64F-47E4-8214-D662D315F13B.jpeg
    C3A350B7-F64F-47E4-8214-D662D315F13B.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
What’s up everyone I have a question. I want to buy the Rough Country 6” lift for my 2019 Ram Laramie without air ride. Should I upgrade the control arm to the forged upper control arm they offer?
Nope, stay away from Rough Country, hit up @Nick@GotExhaust he will set you up with what you need ... don't cheap out, @Quick_Shifter can also help you out with a better option

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Rough Country is an advertisement company not a lift company. @Nick@GotExhaust is a preferred vendor on this forum, he knows our trucks what they like, how they react and how to set them up. A few pm’s back and forth with him and you’ll have a kit on your doorstep. Is your 2019 the new body style or classic?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As our knowledgeable members stated, stay away from RC. terrible quality.

We can set you up with something. Please feel free to message me to discuss. We offer several options and I can make you a recommendation based on your use of the truck and budget. If you message me please be sure to include if you have a classic or new body style and if you off road. if you do off road please also include what type of off roading and speeds.

Artwerx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck came with an RC 6" lift but it's a 2WD mall crawler so whatever :jester:

If it were a 4x4 I would probably go with something else as everyone else has stated but being a long wheelbase vehicle, it's not like it's going the places my Wrangler is going regardless. The shocks alone on my Jeep were $3k :D

With that said, it rides fine to the mall and back with stock control arms (actually, I'm assuming they're stock... I wouldn't even know ha!)...

IMG-2232.JPG

IMG-2233.JPG

At the end of the day, it's just metal holding up metal and only has to look purty.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My truck came with an RC 6" lift but it's a 2WD mall crawler so whatever :jester:

If it were a 4x4 I would probably go with something else as everyone else has stated but being a long wheelbase vehicle, it's not like it's going the places my Wrangler is going regardless. The shocks alone on my Jeep were $3k :D

With that said, it rides fine to the mall and back with stock control arms (actually, I'm assuming they're stock... I wouldn't even know ha!)...

View attachment 506390

View attachment 506391

At the end of the day, it's just metal holding up metal and only has to look purty.
Can we get a picture of the brake line relocation brackets they use in the front?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I want to see his as the passenger side alignment cam bolt is installed backwards. I’d like better angles of the images
Doesn't matter if it's backwards, the cam bolts are still going to spin the correct amount of degrees whether the washer and nut are on the inside or outside ... they probably did it to get better leverage to torque them down after they took them off ....

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Doesn't matter if it's backwards, the cam bolts are still going to spin the correct amount of degrees whether the washer and nut are on the inside or outside ... they probably did it to get better leverage to torque them down after they took them off ...
You are right in the cam bolts work the same but wrong with better leverage. The nut to loosen has miles of room in the back. And didn’t come from the factory like that. If they were trying to make their job easier they would have flipped the front cam bolts too. So I’ll chalk it up to careless work

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
You are right in the cam bolts work the same but wrong with better leverage. The nut to loosen has miles of room in the back. And didn’t come from the factory like that. If they were trying to make their job easier they would have flipped the front cam bolts too. So I’ll chalk it up to careless work
So if the cam bolts work the same who cares how they are inserted ? Not everything is careless work homie ... seriously .... how do you know if the guy is left handed or not, to him it's better leverage this way, we don't know that right ? lol

Having worked at a tire shop doing alignments myself for a good while it doesn't matter how the cam bolts go in ... when we replaced cam bolts on lifted trucks the owners actually wanted the nuts and washer on the inside away from the clear view .... not everything is careless work homie stop it lol ...

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So if the cam bolts work the same who cares how they are inserted ? Not everything is careless work homie ... seriously .... how do you know if the guy is left handed or not, to him it's better leverage this way, we don't know that right ? lol

Having worked at a tire shop doing alignments myself for a good while it doesn't matter how the cam bolts go in ... when we replaced cam bolts on lifted trucks the owners actually wanted the nuts and washer on the inside away from the clear view .... not everything is careless work homie stop it lol ...
Right handed or wrong handed limiting your working area is no good. A crooked steering wheel still works the same and I would call that careless too.
My point is it didn’t come apart that way mostly because wind pushing water and debris into the threads causing corrosion and rust shortening the life of the poor cam bolt. Then the next guy goes to align it can’t get it loose so he skips it and gets it “good enough” it’s a chain reaction LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Right handed or wrong handed limiting your working area is no good. A crooked steering wheel still works the same and I would call that careless too.
My point is it didn’t come apart that way mostly because wind pushing water and debris into the threads causing corrosion and rust shortening the life of the poor cam bolt. Then the next guy goes to align it can’t get it loose so he skips it and gets it “good enough” it’s a chain reaction LOL
How is that limiting the working area ? Dude you are seriously reaching here .. water is still going to get to the cam bolts whether it's facing forward or backward lol ... nothing careless about the bolts being inserted that way on his lift kit install ....stop it lol ...

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
How is that limiting the working area ? Dude you are seriously reaching here .. water is still going to get to the cam bolts whether it's facing forward or backward lol ... nothing careless about the bolts being inserted that way on his lift kit install ....stop it lol ...
Look under your truck.
Then grab a 1/2” impact gun and get on that alignment bolt (it’s a 24mm socket) then imagine it was facing the other way. Then tell me it’s not limiting your working area.
I’m in the rust belt unfortunately it actually matters.
I’ve witnessed alignment techs not being able to get bolts out and skipping them and saying I’ll get it as close as I can. Another reason why I opened my own shop. I’m more picky than the average person. And still in the dying breed of people that still pride their work. It’s a gift and a curse

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Look under your truck.
Then grab a 1/2” impact gun and get on that alignment bolt (it’s a 24mm socket) then imagine it was facing the other way. Then tell me it’s not limiting your working area.
I’m in the rust belt unfortunately it actually matters.
I’ve witnessed alignment techs not being able to get bolts out and skipping them and saying I’ll get it as close as I can. Another reason why I opened my own shop. I’m more picky than the average person. And still in the dying breed of people that still pride their work. It’s a gift and a curse
You need an impact gun to loosen the camber bolts? :baby:

Kid, I actually went to the Hunter training facility in St. Louis Missouri to get certified using the Hunter's first WinAlign system in 1994 when I first started working for Big O Tires (they payed for it all) .... then again around 2001 to get recertified (again they payed for it all) and again around 2005 .... One thing we were told "never to do" was use impact guns on camber bolts lol ... breaker bars or extended wrenches was all we were allowed to use ...

If you need an impact gun to loosen up camber bolts even in the "rust belt" then you shouldn't be doing alignments .... They had us doing alignments on just about every condition a "rust belt" car and truck could be in and we were not allowed to use any kind of power tools to so ..

Last time I went to their training facility in 2011 they still didn't allow them to use impact guns. If you are part of the dying breed of people that still pride their work, you would know that it's best to spray with some WD40, blaster or other type of lube, use heat wipe or use compressed air and work the nuts or bolts until they get loose ...

An impact gun on rusted bolts and nuts is high risk to either damage the thread or busting the bolt because you didn't realize it was in forward mode ... if a camber bolt is rusted I would hope you are spraying it and cleaning it off before you put an impact gun to it lol ..

Again, you are reaching here ... all you need is 2 wrenches and breaker bars :shakehead:... but an impact gun on camber bolts? getdahfawkouttaheah!!!! :happy175:

There is a time and place for everything especially for impact guns, when doing alignments, that is not the time to use impact guns homie.

So no, having the camber bolts like his are now is not going to limit my working area, I will be using the correct tools to unloosen that nut kid!!!!