6” Zone Lift — Rear click upon takeoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Waltz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Everyone,

I just installed a 6” Zone lift in my ‘13 1500 Quad Cab. I did the install myself and everything went smoothly and each component is torqued to spec (just double checked earlier today. However, I have 2 questions pertaining to the truck post-lift kit.

Kit Specs:
Zone 6” Kit
Fox 2.5 6” Coilovers in front (sold through BDS)
Zone front UCA’s
5” Springs in rear
Fox 2.0 Shocks in rear
22x12 American Force Fuse
35x12.5 Fury Off-road tires

1: Upon takeoff and only takeoff, there is a subtle clicking which sounds like it’s coming from the rear. I crawled under the truck and checked for play in the Ujoints for the rear driveshaft but there was none. Wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

2: Sometimes when I’m pulling out of or into a driveway I hear a very slight click come from the drivers side suspension. All components are torqued to spec and properly seated. Wondering if this could be a) the tire rubbing the inner fender or b) the axle?

The click sounds suspension related since it’s a real quick *CLICK* and not *CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK* of a rubbing fender. Any input is appreciated.

thanks ahead!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your rear panhard bar in the top hole of the bracket on the diff?

During install, did you leave the rear control arm bolts loose until truck was back on the ground u der full weight?.......or did you fully tighten while lifted off the ground?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
As well as the Front upper control arm bolts. The Fox 2.5's only get torqued to 24 lb's so its good to go over them a few times. Remember ALL suspension components must be torqued with all 4 wheels on the ground under full weight. As @JB1 said The rear tack bar location is a good thing to check as zone likes to not mention it in their instructions but also check the rear coils are not hitting the frame. They could be clocked wrong and actually hit the frame slightly.
Take it for alignment and then go through and re torque every bolt if you tightened anything while the truck was in the air you will need to loosen those bolts and drive the truck back and forth 10 feet.
You should not have any rubbing with 35's with the wheels strait. Pictures help us a lot!!