6.4 and Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Like that look, nice and clean and if something scratches the surface you have a better chance of buffing it out instead of living with a scratch in a sticker.
I have a leveling kit and about 1700lbs of tongue with my trailer.
I have a load Distribution hitch and air bags.
It works.

View attachment 213262
Agreed, love the look of that trailer without stickers. Did you remove all the stickers yourself? What year is your trailer? Looks awesome

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed, love the look of that trailer without stickers. Did you remove all the stickers yourself? What year is your trailer? Looks awesome
Trailer is a 2021 Forest River stealth. I took the stickers off my self a few weeks after bringing it home. Took 1 1/2 days. Heat gun and plastic putty knife to start an edge then fingers for the rest. Thanks for the compliments.

55682847-A09F-4206-84BB-C60C0D6D8DF5.jpeg A15940EE-34F6-45AF-BDE9-60AC69BB2DA3.jpeg

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Trailer is a 2021 Forest River stealth. I took the stickers off my self a few weeks after bringing it home. Took 1 1/2 days. Heat gun and plastic putty knife to start an edge then fingers for the rest. Thanks for the compliments.

View attachment 213635 View attachment 213636

I like it! Looks real clean. That was an excellent move. Rigs produced today dont use the same quality of materials they did when my rig was built in 1989. My rig has painted on striping that still looks good 31 yrs later. Even the Layton stickers are still on it and look decent considering their age and that its lived its whole life outside, uncovered.

Your graphics would have started looking ugly in 10 yrs or less unless you got lucky. Now you dont have that problem. Good stuff!

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like it! Looks real clean. That was an excellent move. Rigs produced today dont use the same quality of materials they did when my rig was built in 1989. My rig has painted on striping that still looks good 31 yrs later. Even the Layton stickers are still on it and look decent considering their age and that its lived its whole life outside, uncovered.

Your graphics would have started looking ugly in 10 yrs or less unless you got lucky. Now you dont have that problem. Good stuff!
My last trailer I sold was 3yrs old and the stickers were already going bad. No brainer to take them off. Now if I could afford ceramic coating.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Wow, 3 years? That's horrible and even worse than I thought. Yours looks good with them removed, that's for sure!

Barry Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 15 2500 4dr short bed 4wd with the 6.4 and the previous owner installed a leveling kit. I tow a 33’ travel trailer once or twice a month in the warm months. Dry weight is roughly 8000lbs with tongue approximately 900-1000. I have a weight distribution setup with 1200lb bars. I’m not sure my full loaded weight as I don’t have any scales nearby. Other than the typical chairs and other odds and ends, I don’t carry too much.

I sag a little in the rear when loaded and the front feels a little light. Should I be looking at something to offset the leveling kit (bags or Timbren) or maybe try to readjust the WDH? I just want to feel more secure the farther we venture away from home.
-------------------
I have a similar set up, a 2018 Laramie 6.4L 4x4. Before I stepped up to the HD I towed the same rig with a 1500 5.7 with the same hitch. It's a matter of setting the truck, trailer and hitch up with the correct receiver. I utilize an Equalizer Hitch which I feel is perfect. The only upgrade I did with the 1500 was to add 2500 coils. It did great overall but I was never fully comfortable in windy conditions. My current Laramie is pure stock and I love it. When I upgraded, I spent another $250 on a new receiver to get it to level with no other changes.

Ram & VLite 1.jpg

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4

View attachment 213635 View attachment 213636

Well great job and great thinking. Looks fantastic. My trailer is a 2018 and I'm too late for that party. I imagine I would have significant ghosting if I attempted that now. Maybe my next one. Thanks for the idea!