6.4 did well with our new trailer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is 13k empty and I'm scheduled the 29th off this month for 4.88s. So I'll let you know with a heavier trailer as well.
13k Empty? With a 6.4 6speed?
Wholly **** your an animal!!

Can’t wait for your review. Let us know if you need the front carrier, brand of gears and how much.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought it when I was living in coastal Georgia, so it was all flat. But it does relatively well if I let it rev. Even here in West Virginia and the mountains.

But my guy wasnt sure yesterday if it needs a carrier, but he had it all un his notes he said. I should know soon once he gets started.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I bought it when I was living in coastal Georgia, so it was all flat. But it does relatively well if I let it rev. Even here in West Virginia and the mountains.

But my guy wasnt sure yesterday if it needs a carrier, but he had it all un his notes he said. I should know soon once he gets started.

Yeah it's amazing how quickly things can change. I ordered my truck thinking it would only pull a 4,500 pound boat, occasional 5-7k in a utility trailer, & plowing in the winter. Well we haven't been getting enough snow to justify buying a plow, & the boat doesn't work most of the time. Instead I am pulling this monster 5er.
Have you pulled out that thermal bypass valve from your transmission? Pulling that heavy you're going to want to keep that tranny in the best shape possible. I have dropped 20-30 degrees by getting that taken out, & plan on changing the tranny oil & filters before camping season.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Plans do change quickly! We tried going with the same floor plan in a lighter 5th wheel, but...Camping World...they are crooks.

So I ended up heavier than I wanted, but I cant justify buying a diesel, nor do I want to take on 5-6 more years of payments. So enter gears...

I have not replaced the bypass valve yet, but will be doing so soon. I've heard great things from doing so.

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I there you on Camp World in Salt Lake.. I had a 42' fifth-wheel that I put put on their on consignment lot. In it sat their for 6 months and nothing, I actually sent a buyer their to look at it and the salesman actually only wanted to show them new ones and not the one I sent them there to look at. When I picked it up and sold it myself they were just terrible to deal with and damaged the trailer.

I have always been told that the Camper Dealers sell everything at retail and only buy at wholesale.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye