6.4 Hemi 100K Spark Plug Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh I forgot to add, that is the only way I can be certain all the plugs got changed, gapped, anti-seize and dielectric grease applied... in the amount of time it takes to wait on them to get to it...

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
For those feeling froggy enough to do their own, Rock Auto has Bosch 96311 double iridium plugs for $5.96 each.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
digging up an old thread here but where did you get that ngk part number? per NGK, the correct replacement plug for the 6.4 is 96779, which they show has a 100k service interval.

My manual

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I prefer to do my own. I'm older and sore also but if you take your time it all works out. I don't want the typical mechanic to pull the plugs and reinstall. I take off the wires and vacuum or blow air around the plugs to remove the grime. I don't want the grime going into the cylinders. I vacuum again once the plugs are removed and then install new with a torque wrench. I have a special spark plug swivel socket that was advertised on the Jeep forums. My Commander Hemi also had 16 plugs. Each to their own. When I had the Ram V10 you had to remove the wheel liners on the drivers side. What a PIA that was at every 30K miles.

Ram Vendetta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Know this is an older post but going to try anyway My 2015 6.4 original plugs are Bosch FR8S1332. Appears they stopped making, ill find comparable. Do you know the spark plug torque you used?

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah, it sucks to get old.....

I thought so too until somebody pointed out that it sucks even more to NOT get old.

It just dawned on me that I've actually been alive in eight (8) different decades. And all along I thought it was the 3 back surgeries, three shoulder surgeries, one semi gut removal surgery, two wrecked Harley's and and a table saw accident that was keeping me from climbing ot top of my 2500 to change plugs, LOL. Turns out, I'm just too friggin' old.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought so too until somebody pointed out that it sucks even more to NOT get old.

It just dawned on me that I've actually been alive in eight (8) different decades. And all along I thought it was the 3 back surgeries, three shoulder surgeries, one semi gut removal surgery, two wrecked Harley's and and a table saw accident that was keeping me from climbing ot top of my 2500 to change plugs, LOL. Turns out, I'm just too friggin' old.

Ain't that the truth, I was born late '40s and every morning when I get up I got these old guy aches and pains. LOL

David
Sitting up on Lake Superior

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Ain't that the truth, I was born late '40s and every morning when I get up I got these old guy aches and pains. LOL

David
Sitting up on Lake Superior
And you've seen 9 different decades David!
Shoot, If I knew I was gonna live this long, I might have taken a little better care of myself.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RRNJ, Now there is the GODS honest truth. I'm not as old as you and HD ( jelious of both of you, 1 sitting on Lake Superior, God I miss thr U.P., the other in the hills of Tennessee or Virginia) 55 here in Metro Detroit 45 yrs of pulling wrenches in the garage and 21 yrs working on commercial jets, the body is really starting to complain. But still better than the alternative RRNJ wrote.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L

Any chance that you go by the name LUCKY? lol

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I was happy to wake up today, stiff as hell, retired carpenter. "If you don't do it, pretty soon you can't do it"

Man that's an excellent quote and good motivation for me to keep pushing myself. As the years slip by it gets harder and harder for me to do all the work and maintenance I've always done....but I keep at it.

It would take some major event/injury for me to dial it back and I pray that does
Not happen.

Thanks again!