6.4 HEMI Engine Performance Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Couple of questions. First, the converter. I always heard that you want a converter that has a stall speed with your normal cruising speed RPMs at 75mph. Is this correct?. And what converter do you recommend. Second, do you have number to talk to someone at Moe's. I'd like to ask them some questions. Like is a ported 85mm Throttle body worth doing, then headers, programmer, and CAI.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I never heard it described that way, so couldn't comment on the stall speed based upon cruising RPM's. My concern was converter behavior under normal driving conditions and while towing. Discussed it with Matt and decided on the 2600 stall as a happy compromise. As mentioned prior, the Edge 2600 converter has worked flawlessly in all driving conditions so I would recommend it.

Matt is the owner at Moe's performance. His number is 214-789-1110 and in my experience he usually answers during normal business hours. He's always been great to deal with so I highly recommend him.

I have the ported throttle body and while it probably adds something I sure wouldn't put it on your list before headers. I would do headers, custom tune, and gears first if you have the budget for it. Even Matt said it's really only beneficial when you have a other mods which help take advantage of the additional airflow. Modern Muscle Extreme makes the ported TB Matt sells and are one of the better Hemi shops out there, so you might want to have a conversation with them as well.

http://www.modernmusclextreme.com/

I added an AFE CAI and while I never verified it made the truck any faster, it sure does look nice :)

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This is an older video taken before some of my mods, but will give you a good idea of how the truck sounds inside. My wife thinks it's still too load but even on the highway there is minimal drone with headers and MF 19200 cat back system.