6.4 intake manifold swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good to see it worked out for you.

There’s a guy that went big cam, ported heads, 6.4 intake and gained extremely minimal at the track. Has 3.21 gears though which is part of the equation.
Are you referring to nick? I'd say it picked up quite a bit considering he is matching his times in like 3000 da compared to his record st like 200 da. I'd say come fall he is easy in the 11s and considering we are talking a 4 door 4x4 NA truck with 345ci and 3.21 gears his truck is making crazy power. You have to realize that once you get to a point it takes a **** ton more power to over come the fact your driving a 6k lb brick lol. Same reason a 2k hp car can make a 5sec pass but lighter 10k hp cars make 4 sec passes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Are you referring to nick? I'd say it picked up quite a bit considering he is matching his times in like 3000 da compared to his record st like 200 da. I'd say come fall he is easy in the 11s and considering we are talking a 4 door 4x4 NA truck with 345ci and 3.21 gears his truck is making crazy power. You have to realize that once you get to a point it takes a **** ton more power to over come the fact your driving a 6k lb brick lol. Same reason a 2k hp car can make a 5sec pass but lighter 10k hp cars make 4 sec passes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

You got that right Nick's truck is definitely working good,lol. Spillman's old 4X4 was another quick truck,but i think Rick might of put it back to being his daily driver now that he's bought a regular cab shortbox.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s more pictures for everyone of my catch can install. First picture shows my nipple from the egr blockoff plate which is now my vacuum port for the catch can. the second picture just shows the tube running to the catch can. Third picture shows my nipple into the pcv housing which is the vent or pressure release side for the pcv to the catch can. Forth picture is hose routing from the pcv housing to the catch can. Fifth picture is what it looks like inside the pcv housing. Not shown is a hole 180° opposite of my nipple that was the factory vacuum port for the pcv housing. It is molded in the manifold and the only way to block it is with jb weld or some form of clay material that will harden and adhere to the plastic manifold. You will have to block it inside the pcv housing in order to have the only port working to be the catch can connection. I have plans to modify the pcv housing and completely seal it shut and run an external pcv valve. It would be easy for someone to 3D print or cnc machine a pcv valve replacement that has a 1/2” barb fitting out the top to run this without modifying the manifold like I did. This has also been posted in my build thread. I drained my catch can today so I can see how much I’m catching. I know it’s working because when I pulled my pcv out for this picture it has a slight oil residue on it. I have driven about 100 miles with this manifold already.

90104A92-5275-4DC9-B92E-2E0F5AE61687.jpeg

C5673084-7710-4258-B290-5C7D52A03E90.jpeg

3A5372A1-935E-4A24-B901-08FE3D4A98E6.jpeg

C974A81F-E546-498E-93F4-6F2BCE988D79.jpeg

8C946AC2-3C5E-438C-BF2F-369F2BD6C848.jpeg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here’s more pictures for everyone of my catch can install. First picture shows my nipple from the egr blockoff plate which is now my vacuum port for the catch can. the second picture just shows the tube running to the catch can. Third picture shows my nipple into the pcv housing which is the vent or pressure release side for the pcv to the catch can. Forth picture is hose routing from the pcv housing to the catch can. Fifth picture is what it looks like inside the pcv housing. Not shown is a hole 180° opposite of my nipple that was the factory vacuum port for the pcv housing. It is molded in the manifold and the only way to block it is with jb weld or some form of clay material that will harden and adhere to the plastic manifold. You will have to block it inside the pcv housing in order to have the only port working to be the catch can connection. I have plans to modify the pcv housing and completely seal it shut and run an external pcv valve. It would be easy for someone to 3D print or cnc machine a pcv valve replacement that has a 1/2” barb fitting out the top to run this without modifying the manifold like I did. This has also been posted in my build thread. I drained my catch can today so I can see how much I’m catching. I know it’s working because when I pulled my pcv out for this picture it has a slight oil residue on it. I have driven about 100 miles with this manifold already.

View attachment 213830

View attachment 213831

View attachment 213832

View attachment 213833

View attachment 213834
This may be the most I've seen a "nipple" referenced in one post [emoji1787]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 213830

View attachment 213831

View attachment 213832

View attachment 213833

View attachment 213834
Nice install!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

So by doing this does it block the internal PCV passage or does some still go thru that?

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice install!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

So by doing this does it block the internal PCV passage or does some still go thru that?
You have to block it yourself otherwise it’ll still vent. Next time I can I’ll try to take a picture of the port. I forgot to do that. I still have to pick up jb weld to plug the port anyways. Though I had some at home but turns out I do not. When I do that I’ll post more pictures of the port before I plug it and after. The red circle in the picture is actually the stock Pcv vacuum port just from outside the manifold.

5AC8C7C6-F831-48C8-A88F-DB12E84CF3F9.jpeg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have to block it yourself otherwise it’ll still vent. Next time I can I’ll try to take a picture of the port. I forgot to do that. I still have to pick up jb weld to plug the port anyways. Though I had some at home but turns out I do not. When I do that I’ll post more pictures of the port before I plug it and after. The red circle in the picture is actually the stock Pcv vacuum port just from outside the manifold.

View attachment 213840
That's awesome, a true 6.4 intake catch can[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

@U&A will be very interested in this

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

View attachment 213840

Now that's some wicked redneck engineering ,i like it,lol.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question is WHY ?? All that time and money for very little change, except to say you did it. Oh well.'A man and his money are soon parted....."

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question is WHY ?? All that time and money for very little change, except to say you did it. Oh well.'A man and his money are soon parted....."
More power and a better HP and torque curve is why. I only spent 800$ Together for the manifold and air box as I bought them used. For a gain of 30 hp and torque at peak and more power under peak as well. Also being a drop in replacement means it works right out of the box. Everyone likes different things. I like to be able to go fast off-road and this will help turn my 35s better and if I plan on going bigger later as well. More mods add more power as well so when I cam and get long tubes I can see up to 50hp and torque gains with the setup I’m going for. Some people are seeing up to 70hp more at peak just from swapping in this intake manifold.
Edit: all power ratings are at wheel

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
More power and a better HP and torque curve is why. I only spent 800$ Together for the manifold and air box as I bought them used. For a gain of 30 hp and torque at peak and more power under peak as well. Also being a drop in replacement means it works right out of the box. Everyone likes different things. I like to be able to go fast off-road and this will help turn my 35s better and if I plan on going bigger later as well. More mods add more power as well so when I cam and get long tubes I can see up to 50hp and torque gains with the setup I’m going for. Some people are seeing up to 70hp more at peak just from swapping in this intake manifold.
Well said. I'm considering fbo this intake and cam or just putting on a eforce and calling it a day. I know the eforce get cracked on because it doesnt make huge power but it makes enough to put a nice new window in your block if you push it to far lol.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Did you get it on the dyno after doing the intake? Be interesting to see how much the intake actually adds to the 5.7.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well said. I'm considering fbo this intake and cam or just putting on a eforce and calling it a day. I know the eforce get cracked on because it doesnt make huge power but it makes enough to put a nice new window in your block if you push it to far lol.

Unless you can find a E-force used it’s really not the best option when price is pretty well equal to a magnusson or whipple setup.

The E-force gets crapped on is because it’s just not the most efficient setup and if you’re gonna drop around 6k usd you might as well get a good one. The e force would also have to run more boost to make the same power compared to a whipple. So you’d actually be puting more stress on your engine to make the same power.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unless you can find a E-force used it’s really not the best option when price is pretty well equal to a magnusson or whipple setup.

The E-force gets crapped on is because it’s just not the most efficient setup and if you’re gonna drop around 6k usd you might as well get a good one. The e force would also have to run more boost to make the same power compared to a whipple. So you’d actually be puting more stress on your engine to make the same power.
Hmmm... are the other 2 options quite? I love blower whine but if I would go that way kinda want the sleeper aspect

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hmmm... are the other 2 options quite? I love blower whine but if I would go that way kinda want the sleeper aspect

If you run a closed air box you’ll probably barely hear it if at all. Having an open style air box is what can make the whine quite loud. There’s another member on here who has a whipple with a closed air box and it’s virtually silent.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get it on the dyno after doing the intake? Be interesting to see how much the intake actually adds to the 5.7.
Not yet. Still in the process of getting a tune. The increase I gave is taken from another page that I’m on and the guy posted dyno results showing on a basically full bolt on truck no cam he was seeing 30hp and torque increase at peak. Others with cams and full bolt on depending on cams were seeing up to almost 70hp increase at peak. I think the highest was running a ported intake and a larger bored Tb with a huge cam and truck was strictly built for racing. Not sure if full mods list. Obviously taken with a grain of salt but definitely appealing if you are going for mid range power as the 6.4 bge truck was designed as a work horse

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The catch can is definitely working. Roughly 100 miles on the truck. I haven’t received my plastic weld putty yet so the stock port is still open. So far roughly 200 miles on my truck since install. You can just see in the picture the stock vacuum port inside the pcv valve location.

E5B5E029-7EC3-414C-99C1-AE2C00BB8237.jpeg

F7BBB68E-EFDA-4632-BC06-5B9CD51C1C34.jpeg

5BEEF0F9-E118-4512-B7C0-E0DE2D6F820E.jpeg