6.4 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyo72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Took a road trip the other day with my 2020 2500 with the 6.4. Drove about 270 miles to our destination , parked and checked into to the hotel. After about 20 minutes we decided to go get some dinner , got in the truck depressed brake and hit start button. Just cranked and cranked with no start and after a few seconds (maybe 5 or 10) it stopped cranking, so I pushed button to off position and hit the start button again and it started right up. Drove it around for a couple days while on our trip and the no start issue never did come up again, ran perfectly the rest of the trip. Anyone else have this issue or know what could have caused it? Truck had 1/2 tank of gas in it at the time. Truck was parked on a bit of a steep hill with front pointed up hill, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. No CEL when this happened either, 10,000 miles on odometer.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have not had that happen but I have had it were it wouldn't start at all. The message said could not read phob. It was laying on front seat. Has done that 3 times since March 2019.
I also learned if fuel gets too low unlike in your case it won't start. I cut it close comin home from camping. Pullin camper not any place to stop. Dash said I had 38 miles to go when I got home but parked on incline nose downward it read 18 an wouldn't start. Poured 5 gallons in it cranked right up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I get the key fob nonsense all the time as well, but never the cranking issue.

JINXR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ever find out what caused it? Mine started doing it a few months ago and getting worse. Dealership is no help so far.

OP
OP
Wyo72

Wyo72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I never did figure out what caused it, and thankfully it hasn't done it since. I did have the dealership check it out the next time they serviced it but they said they found nothing. You would think yours would eventually throw a code if it keeps happening??