6.4 noisy injectors.. any solutions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Manufacturers don't intend on running a part for one model year after dumping all the resources into the R&D. Your truck's injectors were a one-year only run. If they really are that loud, there is a problem and possibly why they updated the injectors made after that year. I'd squeeze the dealer real hard for an upgrade to the injectors that they are using in the '15-up 6.4 Rams.

Reactions: U&A

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
What Rampant said^^^^^^
On rock auto site it show's MOPAR part #4627479AA for 2014, but also lists the 2015 and later as fitting your year. MOPAR 4627479AB. Sucks if you cant get an upgrade from the dealer, $81 each. ebay as low as $77.
My 2017 has all sorts of noise all "normal they say"

Last edited:

covelle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had noise in my 2017 6.4L with 12K miles and they replace my cam and lifters.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I had noise in my 2017 6.4L with 12K miles and they replace my cam and lifters.

What's the whole story on your cam/lifter replacement? Was it a total failure or just noisy lifters? What oil(s) were you running?

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What's the whole story on your cam/lifter replacement? Was it a total failure or just noisy lifters? What oil(s) were you running?

I also want to know this.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been working nights for the last two weeks and some days, haven’t had a chance to get by the dealer. I am going to try and get by one day this week or maybe Saturday.

BBJYD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@Ratket I know this is an old thread but were you ever able to find a fix for the noise? I have a 2104 6.4 and have the same issue. It drives me crazy as my windows are down all the time in FL. I have debated replacing all the injectors with the newer version. However, don't want to make that investment, unless it worked for someone already. Hard to find info on this noise as most people confuse it with hemi tick, lifters, manifold leak.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ratket I know this is an old thread but were you ever able to find a fix for the noise? I have a 2104 6.4 and have the same issue. It drives me crazy as my windows are down all the time in FL. I have debated replacing all the injectors with the newer version. However, don't want to make that investment, unless it worked for someone already. Hard to find info on this noise as most people confuse it with hemi tick, lifters, manifold leak.

Sadly I traded the truck in a month after my last Post. Well wasn’t really sad, dealer offered me way to much for it and I wasn’t about to say no. But I know ur pain, unfortunately the only cure would be louder exhaust.. at least that would be the cheapest as a new set of injectors may or may not resolve the noise.. but I will admit I remember it drove me fcking nuts!

Beeg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 3500 with the 6.4l with 13000 km and cannot stand the sewing machine noise my truck makes. I have the cold start up chirping/clatter that goes away when warm and what I believe is noisy injectors. I have to drive with my windows up because I hear it all the time even when cruising on the highway. have had it into the dealer multiple times and they never hear it..... I believe the dealership just tells people that to get them on there way until something actually breaks down. I also have a constant coolant smell when engine is warm and in 12000km the reservoir was below the add line with no visible signs of leaks. Dealer pressure tested and said it's fine.... I was looking around by the injectors and noticed the passenger side of motor they seem to be wet/oily.

Screenshot_20200129-213600_Gallery.jpg

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Like all 6.4 owners I have noisy injectors. I only notice it when on the throttle or when I put my truck in drive to pull out of my garage. I only drive my truck on weekends or when we take trips so it doesn’t bother me 24/7 but I am getting rather fed up with it. Some people are obviously more sensitive to the noise and I am one of those people. So on a serious note, has anyone found anything that helps to quiet them down, any additives?. I am tempted to give the Aces V a try, just don’t have the coin at the moment for it, so please chime in if you have found an atitive that has helped.

Try some Miracle Mystry oil in the gas.