6.4 srt long block ordered. What else am I forgetting to order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ews25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scat Pack 392
The car intake points the wrong way,and runs into the alternator brackets on a truck.What let go on your 5.7? If it didn't feed a bunch of crrap back through the intake ports or through the pcv system,odds are you can re-use your original 5.7 intake
We haven't torn it apart, but broken valve spring + sparkly oil and multi-cylinder failure suggests it needs an entire rebuild. Unfortunately, both the T code 5.7s and the parts to rebuild them are in high demand and basically unobtanium at the moment. And even if I could get 5.7 parts, the cost to delete MDS, add a mild cam, and stroke the bottom to 392 basically works out the cost of a new crate 6.4.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
We haven't torn it apart, but broken valve spring + sparkly oil and multi-cylinder failure suggests it needs an entire rebuild. Unfortunately, both the T code 5.7s and the parts to rebuild them are in high demand and basically unobtanium at the moment. And even if I could get 5.7 parts, the cost to delete MDS, add a mild cam, and stroke the bottom to 392 basically works out the cost of a new crate 6.4.
If you're looking at a complete SRT 6.4,get the one for a manual transmission Challenger,it's a non-mds motor with a slightly more aggressive cam then the automatic versions.Have you looked into a 6.4 long block,as you need to re-use alot of your 5.7 truck pieces anyways.You'll need to use your 5.7 oilpan/oil pick-up tube / front timing cover etc.,so a long block might be more feasable

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@WadXpress Did you get your tune sorted out? I've got my build on hold at the moment to use funds for other things, but its definitely still on my mind lol.

ews25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scat Pack 392
If you're looking at a complete SRT 6.4,get the one for a manual transmission Challenger,it's a non-mds motor with a slightly more aggressive cam then the automatic versions.Have you looked into a 6.4 long block,as you need to re-use alot of your 5.7 truck pieces anyways.You'll need to use your 5.7 oilpan/oil pick-up tube / front timing cover etc.,so a long block might be more feasable
So, motor's in and running - 6.4L Apache that was destined for a 2018 Challenger M/T car, but now powers the truck. Swap was mostly straight forward but tech ran into an issue with MAP sensor - 5.7 sensor doesn't want to fit in 6.4 manifold, and 6.4 sensor doesn't want to mate to 5.7 pigtail. MAP running 5+V and throwing P0108 over-voltage code. Anyone have any ideas? Truck is 2011 5.7 Quad Cab 4x4 Outdoorsman.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So, motor's in and running - 6.4L Apache that was destined for a 2018 Challenger M/T car, but now powers the truck. Swap was mostly straight forward but tech ran into an issue with MAP sensor - 5.7 sensor doesn't want to fit in 6.6 manifold, and 6.4 sensor doesn't want to mate to 5.7 pigtail. MAP running 5+V and throwing P0108 over-voltage code. Anyone have any ideas? Truck is 2011 5.7 Quad Cab 4x4 Outdoorsman.
He has to mod the 5.7 sensor to make it fit.

shopman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to mod the 6.4 manifold so you can put the 5.7 sensor trim the rim where the sensor turns in so you can get the sensor in there are some videos out there that show how.

ews25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scat Pack 392
You have to mod the 6.4 manifold so you can put the 5.7 sensor trim the rim where the sensor turns in so you can get the sensor in there are some videos out there that show how.
It's fixed and running like a champ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963